1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Advice sought for purchasing nexus 4

Hi can someone help me out ? I will be traveling from Europe to the USA for two weeks at the end of November. Would I be able to buy the google nexus 4 from the online store and can I use an international card ? How long does it take to deliver ? Have never bought from the store before !

Thanks

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: Advise sought for purchasing nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by jerryberry83 View Post
    Hi can someone help me out ? I will be traveling from Europe to the USA for two weeks at the end of November. Would I be able to buy the google nexus 4 from the online store and can I use an international card ? How long does it take to deliver ? Have never bought from the store before !

Thanks

Nobody rly knows the answer to this. For all we know they could sell out in 3 minutes and you need to wait 2 months for another shipment. Google ships 2 day so once the item is shipped it should be there within 2 days, but we have no idea how long it'll take Google to ship them out.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

Quote Originally Posted by jerryberry83 View Post

Thanks

well, we dont know if you could make purchase with your international card but what you could do is ask someone you know from US to buy it for you and pay them. you are not coming here not know knowing anyone are you? I would gladly buy it for you if i had known you.
    Last edited by still1; 11-05-2012 at 02:55 PM.

Global Posts
    792 Global Posts

I've been trying to find out when Google starts the sale of devices on East Coast? (Meaning that Apple opens up at 12 West Coast.. 3AM East Coast)

Anyone knows?
    Follow me on Twitter: www.twitter.com/MrKal_El

Quote Originally Posted by mrkalel View Post
    I've been trying to find out when Google starts the sale of devices on East Coast? (Meaning that Apple opens up at 12 West Coast.. 3AM East Coast)

Anyone knows?
    Kinda doubt anybody knows atm. They could open up at Midnight est or they could do it during daytime. Who knows, gonna have to wait and see I think.
    - Kevin Bacon is my bananas.

No.

Check the terms and conditions. Your card has to be registered in the country you're buying from. If I can find the link I'll post it but it's in the Google support pages

Sent from my KFOT using Android Central Forums
    Manning the AC Euro office since 2011
    Your Resident Googler

Global Posts
    768 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by Richard Devine View Post
    No.

Check the terms and conditions. Your card has to be registered in the country you're buying from. If I can find the link I'll post it but it's in the Google support pages

This.

That's easy to bypass. Entropay.

Quote Originally Posted by Faux Carnival View Post
    That's easy to bypass. Entropay.
    But since Google requires address verification...

To be honest I thought he/she meant international (sim) Card -if it was the case yes, but guess i was wrong.
    Visa, Mastercard, American express & one other are the only ones accepted. I wished they used Paypal, but i guess since Google is in a lawsuit with Paypal that wouldn't happen.
  11. Thread Author  Thread Author    #11  

Default Re: Advice sought for purchasing nexus 4

Well I guess I will just try. I just didn't want to bother anyone and buy it myself...I do hope though that it won't be sold out by the time I arrive :-) btw why such strict restrictions ? I mean with Amazon its no problem to use international cards. I mean I have visa and mastercard as well too....

Visa & Mastercard works. I only have a savings *mastreo* which is owned by mastercard ... doesnt work. Guess i will have to buy a post office visa card.

If your international visa doesn't work, just buy one of those gift card credit cards while you are here. Here's some info about using prepaid visa gift cards:

Prepaid cards likely won't work.

See attached from the Google support pages. They need address verification

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Advice sought for purchasing nexus 4-uploadfromtaptalk1352198159752.jpg  

Is Google really so strict on these credit cards? Geez. My dad is going to the states at the end of the month and I was considering ordering a nexus with my card through a VPN and have it delivered to his hotel. Sounds like that won't be possible. That really sucks if true. With no retailer selling it in the US and worldwide distribution is vague outside of a few countries that google sells through their website in, how are people supposed to buy this phone? I'd be lucky if any company here sold one at all where I'm at, and if they did it would be at least twice the price in the US. Meanwhile I can buy an iPhone practically at any corner.

Address verification, what does that entail?

Come on guys, it's just being rolled out. Give Google time to get product into the pipeline, it'll be available soon enough!

To the hotel is a great idea, i know Google does it to my city but it works out $75 cheaper to the US for the same model in Aus dollars.

Kind of related, not sure. Is it possible to use the money you can put on your account using the google play cards you can buy at places like Gamestop and Walmart, to buy the N4? I don't see why it wouldn't be...

Motorola Photon 4G