Also need QWERTY Unlock Feature Phone along with my Nexus 4

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Yo, guys... again; the unlocked - gsm world is all new to some of us VZ folks, here... so I'm planning on moving my and my wife's lines out of VZ. I'll be getting the N4 and I would also need to get her just a feature phone, she's been using the LG Octane & the Env3 before that...

I went by the T-Mo store yesterday at lunch, and all they had were Sammy's; I love my Gnex, but its time for a change, LG antennas has never let us down, that is also why I'm so excited about the N4..!

Where can I find a unlock gsm feature phone for the wife..? amazon, craigslist..?

Second question is how do you unlock a feature phone..?

thanks...

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
yes, amazon/craigslist will be a good start.

just google LG feature phones. you will get tons of phones.

if you are buying feature phone its already unlocked. if you are talking about bootloader unlock there is no point in doing that and dont know there is a bootloader either.

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
Unlock meaning, that it can be used with the T-Mo SIM card..? I also went by Target afterwards, and the guy mentioned that I can buy a feature phone for the full price, but it is still locked, and I would have to learn how to unlock it myself or take it to T-Mo to have it unlocked so that it'll work with their SIM...

not unlocking the bootloader...

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
Why pay money for an unlocked featurephone when it'll likely almost be the same cost as the Nexus 4? Data for a smartphone on T-Mobile is also like $10 for a second line.

Really no reason to keep her in the dark ages. Upgrade time!

Droidintorrance

Mar 29, 2011
Visit site
then what carrier is it locked to? ATT?

Oh, I see.. locked meaning, that it's locked to a certain carrier... so I can take a At&t locked featured phone, unlock it and pop in a T-Mo sim to make it work...

I thought the selection on Amazon would be better than that...? I mean, these are 'world' phones right? Any other source for New or lightly used..?

@andrew - I hear ya, I've thought about giving her an Android, even an simple outdated gingerbread... before I rule that out, I better see how she like it in person... thanks..

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Train her on your N4 and if she likes it *surprise matching phone buddies*
Ebay has plenty of unlocked phones, the annoying issue you have to put in the MMS etc settings in yourself. I guess thats what they mean by making it work.

anon(580888)

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Yo, guys... again; the unlocked - gsm world is all new to some of us VZ folks, here... so I'm planning on moving my and my wife's lines out of VZ. I'll be getting the N4 and I would also need to get her just a feature phone, she's been using the LG Octane & the Env3 before that...

I went by the T-Mo store yesterday at lunch, and all they had were Sammy's; I love my Gnex, but its time for a change, LG antennas has never let us down, that is also why I'm so excited about the N4..!

Where can I find a unlock gsm feature phone for the wife..? amazon, craigslist..?

Second question is how do you unlock a feature phone..?

thanks...

Can't speak for how good this phone is, but it's definitely up your alley:

Amazon.com: Pantech P7040 Link Unlocked Phone with QWERTY Keyboard, 1.3 MP Camera and GPS-No Warranty-Wine/Black: Cell Phones & Accessories

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty