Why no pre-order???

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't understand why Google did not allow preorders on Nexus 4 and Nexus 10. It would have allowed them to more accurately predict demand and allocate available stock by geography. It also would have alleviated all the problems so many people experienced with overtaxed servers. And LG would have gotten a clear message on how much demand was out there for Nexus 4 so they could ramp up production appropriately. Even after stock runs out in countries, Google is apparently not allowing back orders to be processed - why?

The only reason to do this intentionally is to hype demand by short supplying the market, but that just alienates your customers.

Really seems to be a poorly thought out launch.

damo

#teamandroid
May 25, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it's because the 7 was a disaster launch with pre-order/shipping. Mind you, this is just as bad!

Woosh

Dec 6, 2010
Visit site
Maybe it's because the 7 was a disaster launch with pre-order/shipping. Mind you, this is just as bad!

This is worse imo, although I didn't order the 7 from the store. I remember most ppl got shipping notice after I received mine and it was about 1 day after yet they were still upset.

I don't see why they couldn't do the same here. If they don't have the stock to fulfill all that is fine but why wait and crash your servers to take the orders. Either way stock will not be sufficient.

KitN

Aug 11, 2012
Visit site
Because Google screwed up so badly with the Nexus 7 pre-order that they went in the complete opposite direction this time... Which is a disaster in and of itself now. :banghead:

All we can do now is pray that in 30 minutes Google has their crap together with more than 5 units to sell and the servers don't crash!

Sent from my Nexus 7

MazoMark

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I did manage to get a 16gb, more by luck and being at my computer at the right time.

But as a business owner, I'm not impressed by Google's launch day execution. If I was in charge of the Play Store, there would be some serious questioning of people responsible for this debacle going on right now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress