Credit Card Decline / Fraud Alert

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
Anyone else have their cc company reject their order?

I finally got an order to go through, panicked when I saw TWO units on the order :eek:, then got an email that my cc (US Air Mastercard) had been declined.
Managed to get another credit card into Wallet and lucked into 1 8GB unit about 15 minutes later.

A full hour or so later my wife got a call from Mastercard asking about possible fraudulent charges. By then it was a moot point, of course.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
Yup, I selected the 16GB and put it on my Debit card, but like most people, never got all the way through to know it went through?! Got those annoying 'Technical Difficulty' pop ups. Tried like 5 times and then I got an email from BOA & Google at the same time. BOA said they detect "irregular" activities on the charge and Google's email said the charge was pending. I immediately called BOA and "approved" the charges.
I bet a lot of credit card institutions did this today to people!? Weird though, because I've ordered a lot of things via Google Playstore and never got dinged. But never for > $300 order though.

nickacs

Mar 28, 2010
Visit site
You've had your card charged already? Still waiting to see mine. Anyone else get charged yet?
My CC and debit cards both just say "pending". They will be temporary pre-auths today and overnight tonight should settle. So check your statements tomorrow morning! LOL

Eric Mazariegos

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah I'm with Chase and I tried twice to charge the card on Google Wallet, both times unsuccessfully. Here's my order history

Thanks for updating your payment information!
Your order will be charged and shipped by Google Inc..
Nov 13
Google Inc. received your order.
Nov 13
You successfully updated your payment for this order to VISA xxx.
Nov 13
An attempt to charge $393.53 to VISA xxx failed. You must update your payment information within 7 days or your order will be cancelled.
Nov 13
Nov 13
An attempt to charge $393.53 to VISA xxx failed. You must update your payment information within 7 days or your order will be cancelled.
Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

As you can see it failed twice. I got an email from Chase warning me of the fraud possibility. The email had a link to "accept all charges" and when I clicked it, it took me to a web page that said something along the lines of "Thank you for confirming these charges blah blah blah no more action is needed by you blah blah blah." A while later my card was charged, but pending, and then an hour after that the charge went through on the card. But for some reason, my Wallet transactions page lists the Nexus4 as "pending". Guessing this means that my order went through and now I just have to wait, :)

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
LOL YUP! Sure did get fraud notice email and 2 phone calls. I changed to a different card after attempting to buy the phone twice with the one that was declined. Using my debit card it worked the first time. The money has all ready been withdrawn from my checking account. My CC company called me and got it all taken care of too for the one that was declined at first.

slowman

Jul 10, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for updating your payment information!
Your order will be charged and shipped by Google Inc..
Nov 13
Google Inc. received your order.
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
Nov 13
You placed an order with Google Inc. on Nov 13. Google Wallet sent a copy of this receipt to

As you can see it failed twice.

Pretty much exactly what mine looks like lol.

jpprice

Jun 30, 2010
Visit site
Mine didn't get declined, but they did call me wondering what I was doing. I accidently bought 5 phones and got 5 confirmation emails because it kept wigging out when I tried to purchase. I had like 5 pending charges on my CC and had to cancel 4 of them. What a complete mess this launch was.

batman124617

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
My order got stopped due to suspected fraud and then while I was trying to figure out if it was BOA that stopped the payment, Google cancelled my order. Turns out BOA did decline the charge because they thought it was fraud and Google said I have to wait for the next round because they sold out while I was figuring out my credit card problems. This, after they send me a transaction receipt saying I have seven days to fix my credit card info or else my order will be cancelled. Thanks for holding my order Google! :(