New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
I agree with you therealmatt84. Friday is a very hopeful delivery expectation whereas Monday is reasonable and it could even be the intended delivery date by Google. Considering the tracking number doesn't show anything, as someone else said they might have just generated the numbers early this morning but not actually shipped the devices till much later.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I am still not able to figure out in what order did they start shipping? From California to east coast? I live in NJ, ordered at 11.38 EST, no email yet. Still shows pending in wallet and shipping estimate : 15th November.

*EDIT* - I wish we had more visibility on what is happening with the orders? Maybe google needs to take this as a good lesson for future...

Last edited:

aaridici

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Not sure either. For your information, I ordered at 11.31 EST, got it confirmed (not pending) within the same hour. Mine shipped this morning. I am in Philly.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
I've just been chatting with TNT (who are delivering in the UK) and they don't have my package for delivery today. Annoying since I ordered at the same time as everyone else, a lot of them are receiving theirs today!

I know how you feel. I'm expecting Monday but it's hard not to get impatient when you see other people on the forum getting shippig info.

I am still not able to figure out in what order did they start shipping? From California to east coast? I live in NJ, ordered at 11.38 EST, no email yet. Still shows pending in wallet and shipping estimate : 15th November.

I ordered at the same time as you and have the same info. This is all too famaliar to me. With the exception of the Nexus One, every device I've ordered from Google has been the same experience. I come on the forums and read people who order at the same time as me or later get thier devices before me. That's just the way it is. I think it may have to do with my credit union. They always place a temporary hold on larger purchases for a few days. I may try with my credit card the next time I order from Google.

ijonbrown

Aug 27, 2010
Visit site
It appears they are shipping in the order we placed our orders. I ordered at 1:30pm and it still shows pending and estimated shipping today. Still pending on CC too. I guess Monday for me. Just glad I got one to be honest.

yoshi351

Nov 11, 2011
Visit site
Woot! I just got my my email saying my order has been shipped!! I am so happy now.:D

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 2

kevhonda

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site
Order Date: November 13, 2012 11:36:45 AM UTC-5 (EST) and still yet to get any confirmation that they are planning on shipping. They did the same w/ the N7 it was the next week before I got it if I remember correctly..... Google I want to support your vision just get your ecommerce act together and 24hrs handling should be all that's required to ship this thing out.

FYI: With UPS Choice you can have it send you a text message when someone sends a package to your name/address (usually I get the texts before the tracking info ever arrives) and the basic service is free, you can also redirect packages for those of you that will be out of town when your device arrives.

Clone9

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
It appears they are shipping in the order we placed our orders. I ordered at 1:30pm and it still shows pending and estimated shipping today. Still pending on CC too. I guess Monday for me. Just glad I got one to be honest.

Nope. 11:34:33 EST and still no information.

jkitson

Jul 22, 2012
Visit site
From Google directly on the Play Store 1-800 number. She put me on hold for a few minutes and came back with that answer.

I really just wanted to confirm that my order was good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

ryjb

May 11, 2011
Visit site
Not speculating here...I think if you didn't get a tracking number already you may not be getting in on the "first" wave of shipments. It would not surprise me at all if Google's system incorrectly calculated the actual amount of orders and available devices seeing how orders went down.

FWIW, I ordered a 16gb at 9:32 MST and did get a tracking number this morning.

08BlackWRX

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Order still pending in wallet and play store... got the email confirmation on the order... ordered at 11:54am EST and no shipping conf. or anything else... friday delievery not looking too promising. :-(

Ricky2009

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Not speculating here...I think if you didn't get a tracking number already you may not be getting in on the "first" wave of shipments. It would not surprise me at all if Google's system incorrectly calculated the actual amount of orders and available devices seeing how orders went down.

FWIW, I ordered a 16gb at 9:32 MST and did get a tracking number this morning.

Im hoping that not true. There people who have said they have gotten one who ordered after my. Sure it was only like 2 min after me but still. thatd be f'ed up if it worked out like that.

a61737025

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
same here from Glasgow UK .. annoying~coz I am down to Southampton later today, and it was supposed to be a gift to my friend...now no chance I will have it until next week..
9 pounds for two-day shipping... failure :(

Order still pending in wallet and play store... got the email confirmation on the order... ordered at 11:54am EST and no shipping conf. or anything else... friday delievery not looking too promising. :-(

ctechnow

Apr 7, 2011
Visit site
Still no shipping notification for me yet.. Is a signature required for the delivery of a Nexus 4?

Order Date: November 13, 2012 1:02:03 PM UTC-5
Item: Nexus 4 (16GB) - The next generation phone. Thin, light, and designed for Google Play.

Dan Strong

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Well, I also received a shipping notification this morning at around 4:30.. However, it was for my Nexus 10 that I ordered about an hour after my Nexus 4. Play and Wallet show my Nexus 10 order as completed but my Nexus 4 order as pending... *sigh*

Steve_S_T

Aug 6, 2010
Visit site
Well, my notification arrived early this morning and the N4 arrived at lunchtime. Just firing it up now but the first thing that I've noticed is that my HTC One X fits nicely into the housing in the box that the N4 came out of, although it's a bit fatter and sticking up a little. With that useless information imparted I'm off to set up.