New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

techno78

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my 16GB Nexus 4 at 8:31am PST. I haven't gotten any communication from Google about my order till now, even though they have debited my card on November 13th for the order. And they haven't placed a hold they have charged my card and yet I haven't even gotten a order confirmation email. When I contacted Play store via email, I got this canned reply:
Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.
According to our records, your order should ship by the evening of November 15.
Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.​
Then when I called Play store customer service they simply said our email servers are backed up, is Google kidding me. A company that runs Gmail service has their servers backed up by few hundred thousand orders. After going through this I seriously don't know what kind of customer service I will get once I start using the device and have some problem with it. I was jumping from Galaxy S3 on AT&T to Nexus 4 because of bad customer service and here also the problem looks the same.

godofdoom999

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
they are shipping from Jamaica,NY??

No lol they coming from KY

Jamaica, NY, United States 11/15/2012 10:05 P.M. Departure Scan
Jamaica, NY, United States 11/15/2012 5:38 P.M. Arrival Scan
Louisville, KY, United States 11/15/2012 3:36 P.M. Departure Scan
11/15/2012 12:25 P.M. Origin Scan
United States 11/15/2012 7:33 P.M. Order Processed: Ready for UPS

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I ordered my 16GB Nexus 4 at 8:31am PST. I haven't gotten any communication from Google about my order till now, even though they have debited my card on November 13th for the order. And they haven't placed a hold they have charged my card and yet I haven't even gotten a order confirmation email. When I contacted Play store via email, I got this canned reply:
Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.
Upon receiving your shipping confirmation email, you'll be given a tracking number that will assist you in determining your package's estimated delivery date. Please note that it might take up to 24 hours before the tracking number returns any information.​
Then when I called Play store customer service they simply said our email servers are backed up, is Google kidding me. A company that runs Gmail service has their servers backed up by few hundred thousand orders. After going through this I seriously don't know what kind of customer service I will get once I start using the device and have some problem with it. I was jumping from Galaxy S3 on AT&T to Nexus 4 because of bad customer service and here also the problem looks the same.

That's a troll mail that google keeps sending to keep customers happy... i sent an email for f**ks sake to them " I've placed an order for nexus one 3 years ago, when will i get it?" I got the same reply that i would get it by november 15th...lol man... seriously? for f**ks sake pls atleast use nexus 4 as one of the search term...:p

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I've had MyChoice for over a year now, but I don't remember having to do anything special at all. I just have the free version.

They pull some questions off your credit report ("Which of the following counties have you owned property in?" "What month was <your wife/mother/husband/etc> born in?" etc) to verify it's you.

xeno3d

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
Yeah it's funny, got the same email like 3 or 4 times

That's a troll mail that google keeps sending to keep customers happy... i sent an email for f**ks sake to them " I've placed an order for nexus one 3 years ago, when will i get it?" I got the same reply that i would get it by november 15th...lol man... seriously?:p

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site

I ordered a few minutes after you and mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. However, I never received the confirmation email. Just a shipping email this morning.

If you have a charge from the 13th it may just be a hold.The hold is put on to make sure the money is available for when the company does put the actual charge through. If they didn't ship it and you are back ordered the hold will fall off in a few days depending on your financial institution.

prashanthuk365

Oct 2, 2010
Visit site
I think Google is using Microsoft excel 2003 to maintain their orders and as their back end enterprise software... and then sorting the columns as they wish to..

techno78

Nov 16, 2012
Visit site
I ordered a few minutes after you and mine is scheduled for delivery tomorrow. However, I never received the confirmation email. Just a shipping email this morning.

If you have a charge from the 13th it may just be a hold.The hold is put on to make sure the money is available for when the company does put the actual charge through. If they didn't ship it and you are back ordered the hold will fall off in a few days depending on your financial institution.

I called my bank and they are saying that its a charge and not a hold. Even the Google rep said that my card has been charged.

seventeenseconds

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site
No cancellations, but no ship notifications either. I did receive my confirmation after ordering almost immediately. Ordered around 11:35AM EST. N4 16GB + bumper. I had no issues at all ordering... zero errors or slow down, everything seamless. Hoping I get a ship notice overnight tonight and it arrives Monday.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
I would try the UPS thing as others did. I'm still waiting on my confirmation and notification emails from Google. I got the shipping email though. Seems as if UPS is more reliable than Google. Then again, UPS is all about logistics and Google is all about selling ads.

No backorder email yet, so I'm going to be hopeful and assume that my phone is shipping and UPS is just playing catch-up with the notifications!

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
That's good news! I would sign up for the UPS thing others have mentioned earlier in the feed. Seems as if Google can't get the Droids to send emails. UPS seems to be very reliable.

I called my bank and they are saying that its a charge and not a hold. Even the Google rep said that my card has been charged.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
You ordered one minute after me. I didn't get the confirmation email. As I have written to others, try to sign up for the UPS service. They say it is free and you will have a better answer than waiting on Google or their reps who probably know less than we do.

No cancellations, but no ship notifications either. I did receive my confirmation after ordering almost immediately. Ordered around 11:35AM EST. N4 16GB + bumper. I had no issues at all ordering... zero errors or slow down, everything seamless. Hoping I get a ship notice overnight tonight and it arrives Monday.

frageelay

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Funny to me!:D

Probably the other way around though. Google seems to care little about these phones. It is for developers to make apps to make them look better in the eyes of their shareholders. Apple on the other hand is actually deep in the device business. Google gets most of their money from ads. This is just to show Apple that they can and pull the market share. Probably why Google never puts out the most cutting edge phone. Apple apologized about the maps. It will be interesting to see if Google even cares enough to offer an explanation.

I think Google's biggest concern at this point is the potential for getting sued by Apple for violating their patent on botched product launches.

jmart75

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just called the Play Store and they asked me if I received any emails from Google today. I told them no and they said since I didn't get one I should be"golden". Hoping to get my tracking number soon. I'm in Utah and ordered at 9:39 MDT.