New Nexus 4 purchase: Anyone get a shipping notification or tracking number?

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
I think they said up to 5 business days right? Wed, Thursday, Friday, Monday, Tuesday....sounds like they are about right on time give our take a day. And that's after it's processed. So yeah, the customer service sucks but they aren't to far behind seeing how people are starting to receive them. I just wish they could have handled it better.

Where do you guys keep coming up with this 3-5 days stuff?

From Google Support email:

Orders are shipped within two business days of placing your order, and will be delivered upon two additional business days of processing.

From Shipping & delivery - Google Play Help

All packages are delivered via UPS two-day shipping. However, please note that it may take up to 2 business days for us to process your order for shipment

b2k1121

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
I just wish there was a more definite time frame for all of us backordered folk. 3 weeks is a long time to wait, and although it will "likely be sooner than that" it would still be nice to have some sort of more concrete estimate. If they go on sale in the play store again before I get mine I'm going to be livid.
This. Mine was about 10 minutes after the sale started but Wallet wanted me to update my payment info, which I didn't see until the next day. So I updated it, and got the confirmation, then the backorder email the next day. Which probably makes me the latest order to go through.

jflexe99

Droids!
Sep 4, 2010
Visit site
Yea, can't wait to see what happens with back orders. They shouldn't have kept the item up for sale if it was back ordered. They should have had a button saying pre-order and having a statement about being back ordered if we ordered. Blah...everyone will have theirs but us BO minorities will prob have to wait 1-2.5 weeks still

Nexus4

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
My 8GB shipped last night. I received the e-mail at 7:03PM. Shipped via Next Day Air. It's now 7:22AM local time and my phone got to the local airport at 5:09AM. It does not yet say if it will be delivered today or not, but my guess is it will. It was shipped Next Day Air. It does not list a package weight so I can't tell if it is 8GB and my 16GB or just 8GB - email stated only 8GB, but who knows. I'm praying I get it this morning!

BTW I previously received one backorder e-mail, likely for the 16GB. However, my 8GB used to say "Pre-ordered" as the status so I do not know.

adarack

Nov 19, 2012
Visit site
What do you think would be worse this past week - being us in the lurch, waiting for any info for our phones (just got whip lash from watching another truck I though was UPS drive by) or actually being one of the Google CSR this past week? That said, they've probably had Nexus 4's since beta testing.

Matt Beaulne

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
What do you think would be worse this past week - being us in the lurch, waiting for any info for our phones (just got whip lash from watching another truck I though was UPS drive by) or actually being one of the Google CSR this past week? That said, they've probably had Nexus 4's since beta testing.

I bet the CSR's have not had a phone, and there is also a chance the company is not even google. Google most likely hire people to do their dirty work for them.

That being said. I believe our luck is worse. They get paid to be 'yelled' at, and we do not get paid to have a product not shipped to us ;)

DNicolasL

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the moral support everyone. Mine just arrived. I'll update everyone on my dad's backordered N4

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353425825530.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353425825530.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 11

LenMetallica

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Have ANY Canadians had theirs shipped at all? When was yours shipped? I have had no information sent to me about my order.

I have had zero information sent out to me. The last thing I got was the order confirmation/reciept after I had placed it. Order is still in pending status, still says it will be shipped Nov 15 and no charge on my CC.

d n

Nov 20, 2012
Visit site
Have ANY Canadians had theirs shipped at all? When was yours shipped? I have had no information sent to me about my order.

I haven't yet Im in N.S. Since day one it has been pending, no back order email, no charge on credit, i emailed and called a few times. Last time I talked to csr, she was only honest one and said she has no idea,but did say If i didn't get a backorder Im good(but its prob bs). The other emails or csr gave me almost exact same script,answer that you get reading the automated emails. I asked if her manager,supervisor would know, she said they would just tell you the same thing.

my info: Order Date: November 13, 2012 8:43:44 AM UTC-8 ... still pending,still says 15th,no back order email,no tracking,no charge on credit. If it doesn't come back thursday I will probably cancel it, I need a new phone, I was looking forward ot my first android coming from BB but looks like Ill be getting a iphone5 soon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ecstasy89