UPDATED 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UK)

Two orders, 11:48 and 11:55. Got back order email. Does it apply to both of the orders? Who knows? Google, you fial.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

If I get this email I'm just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. They really need to do a set amount that they pre order then after those are done, if they have some left, make it first come.

Dude, there is no "money back", they don't charge until it ships.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

What I have heard....
It seems to me that it's directly related to the time of order.. So far everyone that ordered before 8:55 am PST/ 9:55 am MST/ 10:55 CST/ 11:55 EST hasn't received a back order email yet. And anything above that has...

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site

I haven't got the email yet and am keeping my fingers crosssed. I ordered in the U.S. at 11:38AM EST. I couldn't have ordered any faster than I did so it's out of my control. I feel bad for the people who've got the email so far. I'm started to wish I hadn't sold my N7 so fast and my Gnex has bids on it now.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

What I have heard....
It seems to me that it's directly related to the time of order.. So far everyone that ordered before 8:55 am PST/ 9:55 am MST/ 10:55 CST/ 11:55 EST hasn't received a back order email yet. And anything above that has...

I got the back order email, but two orders, one was 11:48 EST and the other 11:55 EST. crapshoot for me?

truewind793

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

Not to offend anyone but I haven't gotten the email although an ad from the Play Store about apps almost gave me a heart attack when I saw it pop up , I ordered at 11:36AM EST (in MD) US and mine still says shipping estimated on Nov 15th.....although the charge on my card is still pending....so... am I safe? :( eeekk so nervous!

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site

Dude, there is no "money back", they don't charge until it ships.

Dude, they charged my account about 5 to 10 minutes after I ordered. So I should assume they shipped the phone in 10 minutes? Ya I doubt that. Theres always "money back" with any policy from my experience if the customer is not satisfied and they handled it like which Google is doing.

jajohns

Mar 10, 2011
Visit site

What I have heard....

LOL. In that case, I missed their cutoff time by two minutes (11:57 EST for my order). So close...

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site

Ok I just got off the phone with one of the supervisors of CSR, who has also ordered a NEXUS 4 and is VERY bummed out too about this email. Ok the orders ARE being shipped out as they were ordered. EARLIER first.
The key phrase in the back-order email was "expected to ship within three weeks" meaning it could be 21 days from now, but if could be tomorrow. They're setting the outside limit to cover themselves because with the holidays coming up, they need to allow people to make other plans if these were gifts or something. (This keeps the hope of future business alive when straight up screwing people over will mean a permanently lost customer, as if this wasn't going to hurt.)

They're also playing it like Scotty on Star Trek who'd tell Kirk it would take 10 hours to fix the warp drive when he knew it'd take only four hours. That way, when he finishes in four hours, he looks like a miracle worker because he was six hours ahead of schedule. If Google can get these out next week, people will be happy. OK, "happier" than the current "enraged" state they're probably in.

Ziptied

Your Resident Googler
May 26, 2010
Visit site

While I know im just going to get flamed for this, I ordered one as well. I placed my order at 11:47am EST for the 16g and a bumper, after multiple tries and failures it finally processed and completed. Mine shows pending in wallet, charges on my card for 413 iirc and a 1 dollar "ping", no shipping email and no back order email, just sitting in the dark. Oh well, it's not the end of the world, but still is frustrating. So I'm in this too fella's.

- - - Updated - - -

The key phrase in the back-order email was "expected to ship within three weeks" meaning it could be 21 days from now, but if could be tomorrow. They're setting the outside limit to cover themselves because with the holidays coming up, they need to allow people to make other plans if these were gifts or something. (This keeps the hope of future business alive when straight up screwing people over will mean a permanently lost customer, as if this wasn't going to hurt.)

They're also playing it like Scotty on Star Trek who'd tell Kirk it would take 10 hours to fix the warp drive when he knew it'd take only four hours. That way, when he finishes in four hours, he looks like a miracle worker because he was six hours ahead of schedule. If Google can get these out next week, people will be happy. OK, "happier" than the current "enraged" state they're probably in.

its called under promise, over deliver. It's used in every business.

Neo42

Sep 28, 2012
Visit site

Dude, they charged my account about 5 to 10 minutes after I ordered. So I should assume they shipped the phone in 10 minutes? Ya I doubt that. Theres always "money back" with any policy from my experience if the customer is not satisfied and they handled it like which Google is doing.

If it was a CC, it wasn't charged. They do a soft pull, which is just verifying funds.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

I have no clue haha hopefully you get atleast one of them! I got my phone taken away in Physics trying to preorder this phone! I had it in my cart when my teacher took the phone fml
I got the back order email, but two orders, one was 11:48 EST and the other 11:55 EST. crapshoot for me?

truewind793

Jul 7, 2012
Visit site

This is MADNESS. So I take it this isn't exclusive to Europe? First I saw a guy from Germany receive this email, now this guy from the UK, and now people in the US.

Is there a pattern or algorithm that G is using to determine who's Nexus gets backordered? Are we all potential targets? I ordered mine on Nov 13, 2012 8:41 AM PST (thats 11:41AM EST, as soon as they released it), did anyone order that early and receive this email? If I was one of the first to order and get this email I will be enraged and burn down the Kentucky warehouse so all of us can suffer muhahaha!

Get us some fried chicken while you are at it! :D
I ordered mine 11:36AM EST so it was like 3-5 mins after it was launched. I still havent gotten the email but I am crossing my fingers :S

xhausted

Nov 1, 2012
Visit site

It wont be worth it if you do. By the time you get your money back they will be sending out the backorders. Just saying...
If I get this email I'm just gonna cancel my order and get my money back. They really need to do a set amount that they pre order then after those are done, if they have some left, make it first come.

eddiesmiles

Mar 1, 2011
Visit site

What I have heard....

This is definitely not true. Ordered at 11:49 EST and received the backorder email.

Ben Kessler

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Well said sir well said indeed

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site

Not to offend anyone but I haven't gotten the email although an ad from the Play Store about apps almost gave me a heart attack when I saw it pop up , I ordered at 11:36AM EST (in MD) US and mine still says shipping estimated on Nov 15th.....although the charge on my card is still pending....so... am I safe? :( eeekk so nervous!

I ordered at 11:34 est and have not gotten a shipping or back order email. That holiday email scarred me to haha

toonhead85

Mar 11, 2011
Visit site
Re: 'within' 3 weeks till the next shipments of nexus 4 (email inside) (UKand US now)

To everyone who is saying Google should have done this or done that, you need to remember:

We are buying a phone, that for all intents and purposes, should cost over $500. Google is selling it for $299 and contract free. At that rate, everyone and their mother will buy one, and you can bet you buns that some of the units purchased will end up on eBay - Think back to the PS3 launch deal.

The thing that gets me, though I wouldn't change it - because I know I have paid and everything, is that I have already been charged for the entire order I placed. Thats the Bumper and the N4 (8GB). It kills me that 2 hours ago when I got up I was expecting Shipping info, I instead got this email with the dreaded "We?ll send you a notification when your order has shipped and will credit the shipping charges."

How will my shipping charges be credited? Google Play Credit? A refund? How can I go from delivery in 3-5 business days to back ordered to expected to ship within 3 weeks?

Google, you have my money. Keep it and make my order right... Please!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
g1303bk