Question Audio book showing in Ringtones

dumbledore

May 10, 2024
Visit site
Hardware
OnePlus Nord S30 5G - Android 14 security March 5, 2024

When I go to set a ringtone, the contents of my audiobook directory is showing up in the ringtones when I go to set a ringtone in settings.

I have placed .nomedia files in my audiobook folders and that worked until the last android update and now it does not work. The .nomedia files are also ignored by my audiobook and music players and the ringtones don't show up in those apps because they respect the folder boundaries. Apparently, the main OS does NOT respect these boundaries and my question is
How do I get Android 14 to only get its ringtones from a single folder rather than the entire device?

OnePlus support has NO idea and I am new to Android.

I greatly appreciate any time/effort/help in advance.

dumbledore

May 10, 2024
Visit site
You can try another File manager like Total Commander see if creating the nomedia file will work
I found the right method to create files with Total Commander. It allowed me to create a .nomedia.txt file. I then renamed the file to remove the .txt extension .. and then it just plain disappeared. Any .nomedia file that I put into the root of the folder appears to be auto-deleted. I am not sure what program is doing that. The phone is not rooted (unless it comes that way from OnePlus).

The .nomedia files in the sub-folders are not removed. I am not sure what allows them to exist and not in the root of AudioBooks.

B. Diddy - yes, I tried your suggestion as well based on the above, and so far I cannot get the file to remain in existence.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT