UK o2 n4 - locked to o2?

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
is the n4 from o2 locked to o2 or does it come unlocked? cba to wait 3 weeks - might as well pay more if it's unlocked

tomjdavies

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
How much did you pay for just the phone from o2?

I got my Nexus 4 from O2 today. They were adamant in-store that it was locked to O2 but I made them put my Vodafone sim in it - and it worked, much to my joy ha. I paid ?399.99 plus ?10 for a pay as you go sim, I'm guessing this is common practice when buying from their high street stores. I didn't question it at the time though, so maybe I didn't have to pay that. Also, with O2 its a 24 month warranty and it can be returned to any O2 store - not sure what the arrangement is with the warranty straight from the big G.

Like most on here I missed out on getting one from the Play store on Tuesday, but I couldn't be arsed waiting for the next batch of stock which for all we know could be a couple of weeks off. Forking out the extra cash is a bit of a downer, but I sold my 4S for ?340 so that softens the blow a fair bit.

I'm pretty darn happy with it so far!

Last edited:

-quazar-

Oct 28, 2012
Visit site
Thanks, im thinking of doing the same thing, i missed out on ordering from the play store too and it could be ages before they get stock in again, judging for the amount of people who got back order notices today

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
I got my Nexus 4 from O2 today. They were adamant in-store that it was locked to O2 but I made them put my Vodafone sim in it - and it worked, much to my joy ha. I paid ?399.99 plus ?10 for a pay as you go sim, I'm guessing this is common practice when buying from their high street stores. I didn't question it at the time though, so maybe I didn't have to pay that. Also, with O2 its a 24 month warranty and it can be returned to any O2 store - not sure what the arrangement is with the warranty straight from the big G.

Like most on here I missed out on getting one from the Play store on Tuesday, but I couldn't be arsed waiting for the next batch of stock which for all we know could be a couple of weeks off. Forking out the extra cash is a bit of a downer, but I sold my 4S for ?340 so that softens the blow a fair bit.

I'm pretty darn happy with it so far!

thanks, didn't know it comes with 24 months warranty - seems like a better option for me - will get it replaced/repaired sooner if anything goes wrong :)

btw does it come with a charger? I've read a while ago that o2 doesn't give chargers any more

Jason Wilson1

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it cost me ?399 and i didn't have to buy a sim cause thats one thing that really does my head in and is a waste of a tenner. When i bought my iPhone 5 and my mums new phone for xmas i was made to buy a sim so he said okay and gave it me sim free :)

Yeah it comes with a USB data cable and the LG USB plug in the box.

tomjdavies

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
thanks, didn't know it comes with 24 months warranty - seems like a better option for me - will get it replaced/repaired sooner if anything goes wrong :)

btw does it come with a charger? I've read a while ago that o2 doesn't give chargers any more

It does, its basically exactly the same as you'd get from the Play store, you're just paying more for it. The 24 month warranty has given me a bit more piece of mind.

In the box was: Nexus 4 (obv), USB cable, USB wall charger, SIM removal tool.

I'm thinking of grabbing a bumper from the play store, I'm terrified of dropping this thing!

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
thanks, just placed my order for delivery tomorrow, will defo get the bumper - not going to risk it

edit: and just ordered the bumper

tomjdavies

Nov 13, 2012
Visit site
Brilliant! Its taken a bit of adjustment after being an iOS user for so long, but the customisation Android offers is epic. This stock Jelly Bean stuff is way more tactile than iOS6 too. Money well spent!

cinek

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
got it delivered few mins ago - the screen is great :D now installing all the apps etc - will also have to find how to move all my contacts from icloud etc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non