check to see if phone is unlocked

JustinRaney

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
How can i check to see if a phone is unlocked or locked to a certain carrier? I have the phone and imei. Before redpocket and boost mobile when i was choosing aphone service would check the imei of the phones i was looking at on ebay used or new and say it was compatible also as well somewhere i was able ot see if the status said locked or unlocked. If anyone can has the ability to see all the phones information or status please let me know. Cricket i think checked the status of one which said black listed but someone did send me a screen shot saying unlocked i believe one time of one phone i was looking into purchasing.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
If you buy from eBay aren't you protected if they advertise unlocked version and it's not ? Could return it ,No?

Which phone your looking at?

JustinRaney

Mar 8, 2024
Visit site
Hey it functions its currently used with a tmobile network sim. I was curious if their was a way to check if its locked or unlocked thru an imei check. However i had a prepaid yearly plan that operates off gsmt or gsm t-mobile 4 g so i take it if its current network is t-mobile it should operate with a 4g gsm t-mobile network card. Tho under the battery cover it says 4gsm and cdma frequencies so i was wondering if it could be used with both. Some phones only have 1 or the other 4g or cdma and when i was buying a phone in 2021 i had got the motorola g power 2021 unlocked from best buy as it operates off both gsm and cdma.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter