Wi-Fi Not Working

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
My phone won't connect to the internet when Wi-Fi is turned on. Anyone else having issues? I'm on T-Mobile's prepaid plan - are there any settings that I need to configure? Thanks!

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Yes, connecting through T-Mobile is no problem. Thanks for the link - I double checked and all my settings match. Not sure why Wi-Fi won't work though.

PhillyPhatFan

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Mine wont connect to my home wifi keeps giving me an authentication error... when my s3 is connect and htc one x is also im not sure what that means but im selling my phone bc i need wifi i dont have unlimitied data so any one want to buy it let me know 16gb

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe its simple things, I have to tell mum this all the time. Half the time she didnt click connect.
1) is the wifi on.'
2) did you click connect
3) typed the right password?

Andrew Martonik

Aug 12, 2011
Visit site
To narrow everything down, I'd remove the SIM, reboot, force it to "forget" your Wifi network and try it over again.

I'd also try to go to a public Wifi access point (like a coffee shop) or a friends house and try.

If that fails, factory reset and try again. Just part of the troubleshooting process.

qnet

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe its simple things, I have to tell mum this all the time. Half the time she didnt click connect.
1) is the wifi on.'
2) did you click connect
3) typed the right password?

^
This.

Also make sure your wifi passphrase is the same one you have used and hasn't changed. I've had several Nexus devices and phones. One time when I restored a device ( I believe it was my Nexus 7) I got a authentation error. I realized that I had changed my wifi passphrase and the N7 was trying to restore the previous one I was using.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
^
This.

Also make sure your wifi passphrase is the same one you have used and hasn't changed. I've had several Nexus devices and phones. One time when I restored a device ( I believe it was my Nexus 7) I got a authentation error. I realized that I had changed my wifi passphrase and the N7 was trying to restore the previous one I was using.

I was using the guest wi-fi at my office and that was where I had the issue. It's working fine with the wi-fi at home now.

DirkBelig

May 17, 2010
Visit site
Have you been able to connect to the guest wi-fi before with another phone? What's the security like on it? Is there something that needs to be accepted before you use it? Most public hotspots want you to accept their terms of use before you can do anything, so you need to open a browser to get the data flowing.

jordandj24

Sep 19, 2010
Visit site
Have you been able to connect to the guest wi-fi before with another phone? What's the security like on it? Is there something that needs to be accepted before you use it? Most public hotspots want you to accept their terms of use before you can do anything, so you need to open a browser to get the data flowing.

I've never had an issue connecting to the Guest wi-fi, as a matter of fact my ipod connects to it fine everyday. I'll try again on Monday but at the moment, everything seems to be working fine.

pedxing

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
Mine's been a little erratic as well. You may want to go to settings and then Wi-Fi and then go to the three dots options menu and then select advanced. Then uncheck the avoid poor Wi-Fi connections option and potentially the save battery while on Wi-Fi option as well. Then let us know how it goes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

pedxing

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
I have two access points at home... Same ssid... But it kept using the weaker one for some reason and switching back and forth was confusing it in some way. My Galaxy nexus has this problem at times before I went to a custom ROM and kernel.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty