Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Do you mind posting your APN settings. After I changed mine, all is well here.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I am using what I will call the "stock" pta APN settings that the N4 captures when booted up with the AT&T sim card, these are the same ones which get high ping times and minimal to no movement on speedtest.

OK, but after your last call with ATT tech support and her making changes, you havent changed the APN from stock to say the ones I posted to see if her changes and the posted APN settings together would make a difference?

Quote Originally Posted by pounder001 View Post
    I am using what I will call the "stock" pta APN settings that the N4 captures when booted up with the AT&T sim card, these are the same ones which get high ping times and minimal to no movement on speedtest.

Global Posts
    413 Global Posts

My stock APN is WAP.Cingular. I have to edit the APN to either phone or pta.

So I've FINALY been able to get MMS working on my N4. Now to decide if I want to lose LTE, and sell my S3. Or lose faster updates, and sell my N4. Decisions, decisions...

Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

So I've FINALY been able to get MMS working on my N4. Now to decide if I want to lose LTE, and sell my S3. Or lose faster updates, and sell my N4. Decisions, decisions...

Please share what you did?

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Quote Originally Posted by donm527 View Post
    OK, but after your last call with ATT tech support and her making changes, you havent changed the APN from stock to say the ones I posted to see if her changes and the posted APN settings together would make a difference?
    Not yet working on that right now

ROM
    Stock 4.2.1

For those who don't have MMS working on the "phone" APN, you have to make sure you change the MMSC and proxy (for MMS) and use port 80. The MMSC settings for wap.cingular and phone are different.

Please share what you did?
    There was a thread I found yesterday on XDA where someone took the time to display APN settings for people coming from some of the top smartphones out there. One for the OneX, Galaxy S3, Non LTE smartphones, etc...I for the life of me can't find it anymore after LOTS of different searches. Not even thinking about it today, a coworker had sent me an MMS, and I received it without thought. Until I got excited realizing I had just received an MMS. I sent back an MMS as well without a hitch. I think switching from PHONE to PTA, and adding hipri has helped a ton.

THANKS i was getting 7kbps.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

There was a thread I found yesterday on XDA where someone took the time to display APN settings for people coming from some of the top smartphones out there. One for the OneX, Galaxy S3, Non LTE smartphones, etc...I for the life of me can't find it anymore after LOTS of different searches. Not even thinking about it today, a coworker had sent me an MMS, and I received it without thought. Until I got excited realizing I had just received an MMS. I sent back an MMS as well without a hitch. I think switching from PHONE to PTA, and adding hipri has helped a ton.
    Can you post your APN settings that are working so well for you?

Can you post your APN settings that are working so well for you?
    Sure thing, here's what I've got.

Name: ATT LTE
    APN: PTA
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Unsername: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentation Type: blank
    APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri (I'm not sure if the order here matters) You can also try adding in "admin" as well.
    APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN enable/disable checked and grayed
    out on my phone
    Bearer: unspecified

These were specified on XDA as the settings to use if you're coming from an S3(specifically with an S3 LTE sim, and data plan) Hope that helps!
    Thanked by 3:
    TvTechGuru and cpolism like this.

Global Posts
    849 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock

Sure thing, here's what I've got.

Name: ATT LTE
    APN: PTA
    Proxy: not set
    Port: not set
    Unsername: not set
    Password: not set
    Server: not set
    MMSC:
    MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS Port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentation Type: blank
    APN Type: default,mms,supl,hipri (I'm not sure if the order here matters) You can also try adding in "admin" as well.
    APN Protocol: IPv4/IPv6
    APN roaming protocol IPv4/IPv6
    APN enable/disable checked and grayed
    out on my phone
    Bearer: unspecified

These were specified on XDA as the settings to use if you're coming from an S3(specifically with an S3 LTE sim, and data plan) Hope that helps!
    Thanks!
    No go for me speedtest average: 0.19mbps down 0.67mbps up - I had an S3 on a 4G LTE plan before getting my N4 (same plan I am on now although I am using the IMEI from my N4) I may have to get a hold of Tech Support and give them my S3 IMEI# and see if that helps, if not I am out of ideas on getting my N4 to work on AT&T correctly

Thanks!
    No go for me speedtest average: 0.19mbps down 0.67mbps up - I had an S3 on a 4G LTE plan before getting my N4 (same plan I am on now although I am using the IMEI from my N4) I may have to get a hold of Tech Support and give them my S3 IMEI# and see if that helps, if not I am out of ideas on getting my N4 to work on AT&T correctly
    Yeah, I haven't given AT&T any other IMEI, and they still think I'm on an S3 as I haven't called them, and changed anything. It could be due to the fact that you changed your IMEI, but are using your S3's micro sim card. You might need a new one, or change the IMEI back to the S3 one. Good luck!

EDIT: Nvm. Sorry.

Just wanted to add having just received my Nexus 4 that CyanogenMod includes the right APN settings for AT&T, StraightTalk, and T-Mobile.

Thanks guys. I changed from an Iphone 4 to the N4, I was getting 16kb/s and 250ms ping. I switched over the APN settings and now I'm getting 11mb/s down and 100ms ping. I called AT&T and they moved me to the "datashare for smartphones", the guy said this covers HSPA+ but not LTE so should work for me. It was stuck on "Data share for iphone" previously which wasn't allowing HSPA+.

Got off the phone with ATT (again) - they said they are putting in a case to add the device to the "4G Plan" so the correct plan will attach to the device instead of the standard "3G" plan which is killing speedtest.

No dice. Very frustrated with att. They continue to tell me the Nexus 4 is a 3G device. Any other ideas?

Look at your bill online and make sure and double sure and triple sure you have s Smartphone 4G/LTE data plan. We have a shared 10G plan (husband, kids, and I all have various flavors of smartphones), but mine was the only line NOT set for 4G/LTE. Based on what I've read, this is probably due to the IMEI not being something AT&T recognizes. Last night I opened an online chat support with AT&T and gave the super helpful guy the IMEI from my husband's Galaxy S II. Then the AT&T guy was able to change my data plan to the 4G/LTE. This morning I changed the APN settings to those in a few posts above.

To be honest, I'm not really sure what this is going to do to my phone speeds. My phone spends 90% of its waking hours on wifi. I generally dislike talking on the phone. I text a lot, though, so maybe this will increase the speed with which pictures of my dogs are sent to my husband when he's sitting nine feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by p1neapples View Post
    No dice. Very frustrated with att. They continue to tell me the Nexus 4 is a 3G device. Any other ideas?
    Weird. I gave my Nexus 4 IMEI number to AT&T and they added the correct 4G for smartphones data plan. Depends on who you talk to I guess but they told me that they have added Nexus 4 IMEI to their system so that they can provide the correct plan.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Holy crap, AT&T just screwed up my nexus 4 upgrade also. Initially they set me up on a blackberry plan, so no hspa+, called back and they changed me to the right plan, said to restart and all would be well. It wasn't working on hspa+'still, so I added the APN settings from page 1 and now I'm getting close to 10mb down. Initially before I called the second time- speed test would not work on the download at all and I had high latency pings. Now my pings are around 134ms, which is a lot better than 240ms before and less than 1mb down. AT&T seriously needs to review their nexus 4 upgrade processes and stop screwing up the provisioning.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by gone down south View Post
    You only get the H+ when you're actually using data, your phone will drop back to just H when it's idle to save battery.

Try loading some webpages and keep an eye on the icon.

But there is no actual H+ indicator on the phone is there? I am getting HSPA+ speeds but I have never seen anything other than H on my network indicator. In the settings I see it using HSPA 10 and 15 however.

Global Posts
    21 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    Yea I've tried them back and forth at first I thought they were faster but it did just seem to be network fluctuation.... I dunno if this could help with the issues of not being able to talk and surf the web at the same time , I'd like to know where theOP on xda found these

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums
    Ugh, so I just noticed I cant talk and surf at the same time also. Any fix for that or is it not technically possible on the Nexus 4 and AT&T?

This thread was very helpful to me in getting everything set up correctly.

I was switching from the original Galaxy Note so I had to get a new micro SIM card from the AT&T store. In doing so, they completely cancelled my data plan and set me up as a "Pay Per" data plan. The stock WAP APN was working but the PHONE APN was not. This was the indicator that something was wrong.

I had to call AT&T to get my plan back. The AT&T rep was very nice and set me up as an "LG Optimus Nexus" in their system to get the right data plan. I am on "Unlimited data for Smartphone" and have been able to watch and see both of the 10 and 15 networks at times. However, like others, I never see the "H+" in the staus bar. I am not in an LTE area and am getting somewhere between 5-8Mbps with the PHONE APN settings.

I verified on mine last night that I can talk and surf at the same time, but just as I am typing this am wondering if that had anything to do with being on wifi. I will need to retest that today using only cell signal.

Thanks

Hey guys. Just switched from an iPhone 4 to a Nexus 4, and love the device itself.

I had to go to AT&T and get them to give me a new SIM and supposedly move me to a 4G data plan. Really nice sales manager girl helped me out. I've created a new APN. All the standard information is similar to what you guys have, but I'm having similar issues to Thor20003.

APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun

(I just found this on some forum, not sure what you folks would recommend).

I've tried a few different settings for APN type and I NEVER seem to get H+, even when running speed tests. I'm in Washingon DC. I did have the H+ indicator when I was in the store, but I only live like 3/4 a mile from the store, so I would assume I'd get it here too. I'm only getting about 3/1 on the speed test, even when choosing a server in Reston, VA which is really close, and I'm getting TERRIBLE pings.

Any ideas?

(the image doesn't seem to want to show, womp)

I feel like I should go back to the store or give them a call to make sure I'm on a 4G data plan.
Page 13 of 15 FirstFirst ... 101112131415 LastLast