Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

TRSpeed3

Feb 25, 2013
Visit site
I should have my N4 by tomorrow, I plan on using a IMEI number from an Atrix HD and configuring my device with PTA - APN. I'm currently running speed tests with my iphone 4 for baselines, my N4 should be faster. Wish me luck!

Joe Dinger

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
It's the way AT&T provisions SIM card for LTE devices. You have to call back and have them provision your SIM for HSPA+ (no LTE) and then data will work on your Nexus 4? apparently.

I know I'm late to this conversation, but I work at an at&t franchise so I figure I could help with this, at&t provisions iphones with a different feature than any other smartphone (they do it with blackberrys as well) so you need to get at&t to switch your data plan from an iphone data plan to a "normal" smartphone data plan

dcjose48

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I've been trying to get my data plan changed to unlimited 4g smartphone and just can't seem to get anyone to do it right. I even gave then the imei from a 4g hspa+ phone and still nothing. I've gone to the store, chatted online. What are my options?

grumpycompuprof

Mar 9, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to get my data plan changed to unlimited 4g smartphone and just can't seem to get anyone to do it right. I even gave then the imei from a 4g hspa+ phone and still nothing. I've gone to the store, chatted online. What are my options?

Nothing. That's what I'm doing. AT&T seems incapable of getting that right. Why is the IMEI number so important? They want to verify what else that can charge you with or if it's one of their phones. Other than that, the information is worthless to them. They need the serial number of the SIM for the connection and a plan to go with it, but because of their cross sell attempts we can only get HSPA and not HSPA+ without a fake IMEI number. As much as I have nothing to complain about their service since over 10 years, this is absurd.

Sent from my Nexus 10 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RTNDO128

May 5, 2011
Visit site
...but because of their cross sell attempts we can only get HSPA and not HSPA+ without a fake IMEI number.
I don't think this is accurate. I've activated my Nexus 4 on AT&T's GoPhone service and have no problem getting HSPA+. I activated my phone using it's legitimate IMEI number, not a fake one.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
I don't think this is accurate. I've activated my Nexus 4 on AT&T's GoPhone service and have no problem getting HSPA+. I activated my phone using it's legitimate IMEI number, not a fake one.

Does your phone display H or H+ in the notification bar?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

RTNDO128

May 5, 2011
Visit site
H+. It idles at H and immediately switches to H+ when there's a demand for data.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-07-12-14-19-50.png
    Screenshot_2013-07-12-14-19-50.png
    100.1 KB · Views: 13
Last edited:

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
H+. It idles at H and immediately switches to H+ when there's a demand for data.

Interesting. I'm on post paid and have never seen the H+, even though I'm getting the speeds. I know mine is doing the same. When I check mobile network type, I get HSPA:10 when idle and HSPA:15 when in use.

RTNDO128

May 5, 2011
Visit site
Interesting. I'm on post paid and have never seen the H+, even though I'm getting the speeds. I know mine is doing the same. When I check mobile network type, I get HSPA:10 when idle and HSPA:15 when in use.

I know the stock ROM does exactly what you're describing. Some custom ROMs have the H+ symbol, I'm on CyanogenMod 10 personally. As long as the mobile network type says HSPA+, that's all that matters.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sáenz