Like Tree33Likes

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

Quote Originally Posted by map1978 View Post
    This needs to be a sticky until most get there phones shipped
    This has been very helpful to me and I'm sure others

Just because a mod didn't create it doesn't mean it's not deserving
    I agree. There's a lot of misinformation especially for those (like me) with iPhone 5 LTE data plans that DON'T need to get AT&T to re provision their account data in order to get data working on a Nexus 4.

If you're on an grandfathered unlimited data plan (like me) and get your account data re provisioned from LTE to 4G you will give up your 5GB data cap and will begin to get throttled at 3GB.

Keep in mind that you will not automatically get working data when you insert you nano SIM on your N4 but this is how to get it up and running:

You need is a nano SIM adapter
    Enter the APN settings on this thread
    once you have entered the correct APN (you might have to reboot) you'll have data on your Nexus 4.

Don't listen to anyone that tells you that you need to get your account re provisioned if you have an iPhone 5 LTE data plan in order to enable data on your Nexus 4 because thats simply is not true.
    Thanked by 3:
    chiefvb20 and basketballfan32 like this.

My speeds were not good with the LTE plan or iphone plan. The 4g plan got me about double the speed. I tried all different kinds of APN's.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Ladeef View Post
    My speeds were not good with the LTE plan or iphone plan. The 4g plan got me about double the speed. I tried all different kinds of APN's.
    My HSPA speeds are identical on my Nexus 4 and iPhone 5 and I'm still on my iPhone 5 LTE plan.

BTW I suggest you find out what your data cap is now that you're on a 4G plan, More than likely you went from a 5GB data cap to a 3GB data cap, thats if you're on a grandfathered unlimited data plan, if not you're good to go.

Quote Originally Posted by ctechnow View Post
    What battery APP are you using for the percentage in the top left of your screenshot. I think I like the look better than the "Battery Indicator" app that I am using.
    I'm using GSam Battery Monitor for that

Hspa+ speeds are great for ma after changing the APN. I have 12mb uVerse at hone. Why are my WiFi speeds 5-6mb? My iP5 got 8-11mb mainly.

Global Posts
    293 Global Posts

According to my understanding after talking with my Employer's at&t Corp. Sales Rep, the threshold for throttling is not determined by the type of plan, but rather the APN your handset is using to request DATA traffic.

So, the PTA APN allows for 5GB before your line is throttled, while the phone APN has a 3GB threshold before your line is throttled.

As always I provide this information without warranty for accuracy as I have in this case garnered it (the information) from talking with people who are NOT on the technical side of the operation.

Dan

Went into AT&T and they changed it to 3GB of smartphone data on 4G finally with a new sim card. Getting 5 - 6 Mbps down in my apartment and it finally does say HSPA+ 15 when its in use. Does AT&T just not have good HSPA+? Seeing T Mobile speed tests with 9+ Mbps down.

EDIT: Changed my APN back to the default because the on in this thread was only giving me 2 Mbps down and wasn't working well. wap.cingular is the APN.

Nevermind my online AT&T account just updated and the rep gave me Datapro 3GB for Blackberry 3G/4G. Will this still work?

EDIT: Getting really ing tired of dealing with AT&T to be completely honest.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    Nevermind my online AT&T account just updated and the rep gave me Datapro 3GB for Blackberry 3G/4G. Will this still work?

EDIT: Getting really ing tired of dealing with AT&T to be completely honest.
    What data plan did you have before?

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    What data plan did you have before?
    They keep putting me on Datapro 3GB for smartphones basic. I came from an LTE plan which gave me horrible speeds as well.

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

BTW this is what I'm getting on my iPhone 5 LTE plan without re provisioning just added an APN. The great thing is that I can go back to my iPhone 5 and still enjoy LTE.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1354412657263.jpg  
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

They keep putting me on Datapro 3GB for smartphones basic. I came from an LTE plan which gave me horrible speeds as well.
    How bad was your speeds on the LTE plan? Mine is pretty good.

How bad was your speeds on the LTE plan? Mine is pretty good.
    2 - 3 Mbps down with the HSPA+ APN

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

2 - 3 Mbps down with the HSPA+ APN
    Thats abut average and it depends on what area you are on. What are you getting now?

This is the APN I'm using I got it from another thread and I'm getting the same HSPA+ speeds like I was getting on my iPhone

Nano sim adapter

Name: (whatever you want it to be)
    APN: phone
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC:
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type:
    APN type: default,mms,supl

Thats abut average and it depends on what area you are on. What are you getting now?

This is the APN I'm using I got it from another thread and I'm getting the same HSPA+ speeds like I was getting on my iPhone

Nano sim adapter

Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC:
    Authentication type:
    Same APN except mines has IPv4 and 6. On the phone with AT&T currently.

I have a iphone 4s do i need to change the sim card or anything to get hspa+ speeds on my n4?

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    I was wondering how this would work being as I am in a similar situation but own a GS3 at the moment. I'm not sure that I'll be using the Nexus 4 alone because once my GS3 gets JB I'll want to switch back, and check it out. I don't want to have to cancel my LTE to downgrade to HSPA+, would like to be able to swap back to my GS3 when necessary. This gives me hope, thanks!

I noticed on my GS3 is shows up in kbps range, but on my iPad it shows up in mbps. I have been wondering this as well.
    Did your Nexus 4 work on the LTE plan or did you have change it to HSPA+? My wife's GS3 is on a LTE plan and I want to be able to use both phones on the same plan.. I hav'nt recieved my N4 yet

I'm a little confused about the whole LTE plan not working ... On a GS3, if there is no LTE signal does'nt the phone just down grade to the HSPA+?
    Why would you have to change your plan

Can I use the IMEI from my wifes GS3 to activate my sim? According to GS3 phone specs it runs on LTE and HSPA+ as well.

Sorry for all the noob questions after reading this entire thread, I was not sure?

Thanks in advance
    Last edited by joeydj4u; 12-02-2012 at 07:40 PM.

Nano sim adapter

Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC:
    Authentication type:

Can some one clarify APN type?

APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun OR APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri OR APN type: default,mms,supl

If i have a iPhone 4s sim card for my n4 i just need to change the apn correct?
    Last edited by nexus prime; 12-02-2012 at 07:16 PM. Reason: left somthing out

To nexus prime

From what i've gathered from this thread, you also need to make sure you have the correct data plan through At&t (4G HSPA+ data plan)
    Thanked by:
    Great Googley Moogley!

Global Posts
    95 Global Posts
    ROM
    JB 4.2.2

Quote Originally Posted by joeydj4u View Post

APN type: default,supl,agps,fota,dun OR APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri OR APN type: default,mms,supl
    APN Type: default,supl,mms,hipri is working great for me, though I haven't tried any of the others.

I would like a clarification on this as well.

Quote Originally Posted by joeydj4u View Post

Today I finally got the Lumia 920 I had ordered almost a month ago, and when the phone shipped, my current SIM card stopped working and when I activated the new one I had to have them change my data plan to an LTE one so that I could use LTE on the Lumia.

After the plan change, I am now on

DataPro 3GB for Smartphone LTE No Visual Voice Mail
    And even though the same APN I was using before (the phone APN) still works, my speeds with the Nexus 4 are now much lower. I can only get around 4 Mbps at home. So, another confirmation that an LTE plan does not work for HSPA+ speeds. I wonder if that means that LTE phones are not capable of reaching HSPA+ speeds in the markets that have HSPA+ but not LTE.

Quote Originally Posted by havanahjoe View Post
    Today I finally got the Lumia 920 I had ordered almost a month ago, and when the phone shipped, my current SIM card stopped working and when I activated the new one I had to have them change my data plan to an LTE one so that I could use LTE on the Lumia.

After the plan change, I am now on

And even though the same APN I was using before (the phone APN) still works, my speeds with the Nexus 4 are now much lower. I can only get around 4 Mbps at home. So, another confirmation that an LTE plan does not work for HSPA+ speeds. I wonder if that means that LTE phones are not capable of reaching HSPA+ speeds in the markets that have HSPA+ but not LTE.
    I'm currently on Datapro 3GB for Smartphone 4G LTE and getting 4 to 7 Mbps down which the AT&T rep said were the correct speeds for HSPA+ in my area. Been having some issues though with some things taking a long time to go through such as email and google talk messages.

Well I wasted 2 hours. Suggested the inspire 4g and they were not able to give me DataPro 3Gb for Smartphone 4G

Something about the stock code wouldn't let them because its not a AT&T branded phone. Quite disappointed I am stuck with DataPro 3Gb for Smartphone
Page 5 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast