Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Default Re: Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT

They can be pretty useless. Try another agent.

I just realized that I can get HSPA+ speeds with the current LTE plan, the problem was that in the same spot, the speeds vary a lot, so even though I ran the test at the same time, the network was a lot more saturated and could not get the 12 Mbps I had seen at home after I switched plans. I got 12 today with the LTE plan, so that works.
    kp4

I added the N4 which arrived today as a 2nd line (for work). Currently have an iPhone 4S with unlimited data that's been grandfathered in. I went to the local ATT store and got the sim. When I originally put it in, I was under the iPhone LTE plan. I had access to internet/phone/mms but I couldn't get SpeedTest to work. Researching a little more, I decided to call ATT and get it right.

I got a really friendly ATT agent when I called in. She was all about helping me figure out the issue. I mentioned that I was reading through this thread looking for info at the same time. The key was using the Inspire 4G to get the correct IMEI so I could get the DataPro 3GB Smartphone 4G plan. I checked my account online and it was there. I updated my APN using the 'phone' APN listed. I was able to get SpeedTest to work but my d/l speeds were around 2-3mbps. I live in a high rise and its already got some spotty reception. Will try again when I'm ground level and driving around town.

I am on a 4G LTE plan from my lumia as well until I can get it switched to a reg 4G plan. At first my speeds were kinda low...now they are decent..seems like they've gotten better throughout the day

And just a FYI to everyone else you don't need a dummy imei to get a hspa+ plan, a buddy of mine is a manager at AT&T and informed me that he will register my nexus 4 imei on my line and that he can manually change it to any plan.. Apparently managers have a code they can use to change anything

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Anybody here come from a grandfathered unlimited 3G plan? That's what I currently have, my biggest priority when switching over to HSPA+ is going to be to keep unlimited data. Did anybody have experiences with this? I know they try at every corner to kick you off the old unlimiteds, has anybody had any problems asking them to switch over?

Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    Thats abut average and it depends on what area you are on. What are you getting now?

This is the APN I'm using I got it from another thread and I'm getting the same HSPA+ speeds like I was getting on my iPhone

Nano sim adapter

Name: (whatever you want it to be)
    APN: phone
    Proxy:
    Port:
    Username:
    Password:
    Server:
    MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net
    MMS Proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net
    MMS port: 80
    MCC: 310
    MNC: 410
    Authentication type:
    APN type: default,mms,supl
    Your missing some of the APN type.. This is what you should have for the bottom half of the settings...

And here is the fastest I've gotten and I'm on the 4G lte plan still

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1354865669177.jpg   Anyone activated Nexus 4 on ATT-uploadfromtaptalk1354865692433.jpg  
    Thanked by 2:
    FYourProblems likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by FYourProblems View Post
    Anybody here come from a grandfathered unlimited 3G plan? That's what I currently have, my biggest priority when switching over to HSPA+ is going to be to keep unlimited data. Did anybody have experiences with this? I know they try at every corner to kick you off the old unlimiteds, has anybody had any problems asking them to switch over?
    They should switch it and not lose unlimited.. Don't let them bully you with that bullish*t..

Thanked by:
    FYourProblems likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    They should switch it and not lose unlimited.. Don't let them bully you with that bullish*t..

Word, sister. I know how they be, they hate us unlimited folks, I swear one day they're going to waterboard us until we waiver our unlimited contracts and get shackled into a 3GB nonsense plan or something

I sadly lost mine over a year ago when my wife talked me into switching to sprint "face palm".... Didn't switch back in time to get it back

You will need to manually add the apn setting and that's about it.
    By the way, the speed you will get is hspa and not hspa+.not sure why that is.
    Still decent speed though.
    It will both on a prepaid and postpaid account. Maximum data plan on prepaid is 1gb for $25 for the month, but ask the sales rep and they maybe able to stack two 1gb at a time.

Well feel free to ask me a question if you have one.

Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post
    It will both on a prepaid and postpaid account. Maximum data plan on prepaid is 1gb for $25 for the month, but ask the sales rep and they maybe able to stack two 1gb at a time.

I hope you're not talking to me, sorry I couldn't tell. I want my HSPA+!

Quote Originally Posted by swartzz View Post

You will too get hspa+... I'm getting hspa+speeds..

Global Posts
    428 Global Posts

Working for me. I popped in my iPhone 5 SIM via a nano-micro adapter, and turned the phone on. Default APN was WAP.Cingular.com. Edited the APN with the recommended settings in the thread, and everything has worked well.

I also noted that the N4 had no problem picking up my micro cell as well.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by Dramer77 View Post
    I am on a 4G LTE plan from my lumia as well until I can get it switched to a reg 4G plan. At first my speeds were kinda low...now they are decent..seems like they've gotten better throughout the day

And just a FYI to everyone else you don't need a dummy imei to get a hspa+ plan, a buddy of mine is a manager at AT&T and informed me that he will register my nexus 4 imei on my line and that he can manually change it to any plan.. Apparently managers have a code they can use to change anything

So ask for a manager when we call?
    Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by Exergy View Post
    So ask for a manager when we call?
    Well he is a manager in store... When you call you may need to get a higher tier CS rep that knows what they're doing

Global Posts
    2 Global Posts

For what it's worth, I had a relatively easy time getting my account set to 4G by 1) using chat instead of calling and 2) using the directions here - How I was finally provisioned for 4G on my AT&T Galaxy Nexus - gdgt to create an IMEI # that matches an Atrix 4G. Rather than having the CSR search around for an Inspire or Atrix IMEI, just use the one you create. It worked for me without any problems.

You don't actually need a diff imei.. they can change the data plan manually, just basic reps cant

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Android Central Forums

Global Posts
    32 Global Posts

To anyone who was having super low speeds (10kpbs-200kbps) and disconnections: Make sure you only have 1 APN setting! I couldn't figure out why the new apns weren't working. I had 2 possible settings so I deleted the orignal and now I'm experiencing normal speeds (3mbps-12mpbs). GL!

I'm on a 4G LTE plan now using my other phones IMEI and getting 4-8 Mbps down in my area. I'm not using the APN posted above but another I found from xda forums for people on an LTE plan with AT&T and this one is working a lot better. APN above had my Nexus 4 drop connection randomly and reset.

Is it bad to have two APN settings? I have the default and my APN I put in.

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post
    I'm on a 4G LTE plan now using my other phones IMEI and getting 4-8 Mbps down in my area. I'm not using the APN posted above but another I found from xda forums for people on an LTE plan with AT&T and this one is working a lot better. APN above had my Nexus 4 drop connection randomly and reset.

Can you link me to the one you are using? I have an iPhone LTE plan as well..

Quote Originally Posted by monkey28rb View Post
    Can you link me to the one you are using? I have an iPhone LTE plan as well..
    I'm not using a iPhone LTE plan, my plan is under an HTC One X plan which is smartphone 4G LTE. APN is in the link below.

[HOW-TO] Get 4G Speeds on AT&T - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by Jnorton2724 View Post

No its not, you only have one selected at a time... you don't need to delete one

Switched my APN settings over to the ones in this thread/that XDA link. Restarted the phone and how I'm getting HSPA+:15 to show up in About Phone>Status and getting my MMS to send. I came from an AT&T GS3 and didn't have to change my plan from a LTE plan to a "4G" plan.

What speed counts good for Nexus 4? I have old unlimited plan. Got N4, went to store and they gave me new card. Had to call AT&T to activate it but didn't tell them that this is new device. So, didn't change plan, didn't change APN. As people already wrote here speedtest app not working. Used Speakeasy.net. Got 6.34 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up. Is it 'normal' 4G speed? I do have HSPA:15 during load.
    For comparison my wife's iPhone 5 has 9.5 mbps down and 1.5 up. Bu this is LTE..

Global Posts
    477 Global Posts

Quote Originally Posted by tomkot View Post
    What speed counts good for Nexus 4? I have old unlimited plan. Got N4, went to store and they gave me new card. Had to call AT&T to activate it but didn't tell them that this is new device. So, didn't change plan, didn't change APN. As people already wrote here speedtest app not working. Used Speakeasy.net. Got 6.34 mbps down and 1.3 mbps up. Is it 'normal' 4G speed? I do have HSPA:15 during load.
    For comparison my wife's iPhone 5 has 9.5 mbps down and 1.5 up. Bu this is LTE..
    The speed app doesn't work when you don't have the apn setup right. I followed the one on here earlier and it totally fixed the problem.

Blackberry Bold 9000 > Google Nexus One > Samsung Captivate > iPhone 4 > iPhone4s ... Nexus 4

Quote Originally Posted by tomkot View Post
    What phone did our have before? Your speeds will be faster if you enter the proper APN for hspa + and have the right smartphone 4g plan... are you sure our wife is actually getting lte? That's kinda slow for lte, sounds more like hspa+... speeds vary but ive seen high speeds of 8-12mbps on hspa+

Page 6 of 15 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast