Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default chrome?

    so i installed google jellybean 4.2 on my nexus with samsung, i installed straight from google's rom site. It did not have chrome.

    i just got my nexus 4 in and it came with chrome??? should i just reset and install from google site?
  2. #2  

    Default Re: chrome?

    Quote Originally Posted by runningman3433 View Post
    so i installed google jellybean 4.2 on my nexus with samsung, i installed straight from google's rom site. It did not have chrome.

    i just got my nexus 4 in and it came with chrome??? should i just reset and install from google site?
    What are you trying to do here?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: chrome?

    i was wondering why jellybean 4.2 on my samsung nexus had the stock browser, while my nexus 4 jellybean 4.2 has the chrome browser.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: chrome?

    Quote Originally Posted by runningman3433 View Post
    i was wondering why jellybean 4.2 on my samsung nexus had the stock browser, while my nexus 4 jellybean 4.2 has the chrome browser.
    Chrome will be the default browser going forward.

    But they won't remove the stock browser from devices whose initial version had it.
  5. #5  
    LNWJ's Avatar

    Posts
    177 Posts
    Global Posts
    625 Global Posts
    Carrier
    Stock

    Default Re: chrome?

    Chrome wasn't a part of my Nexus S 4G factory image either. Just "Browser". You can download it from Google Play. The only Nexus devices that seem to have Chrome fresh out of the box are the ones that came out with Jellybean from the factory (N7, N4, N10 etc).
  6. #6  

    Default Re: chrome?

    Quote Originally Posted by LNWJ View Post
    Chrome wasn't a part of my Nexus S 4G factory image either. Just "Browser". You can download it from Google Play. The only Nexus devices that seem to have Chrome fresh out of the box are the ones that came out with Jellybean from the factory (N7, N4, N10 etc).
    Non-Nexus, but the Motorola DROID RAZR M, Electrify M, DROID RAZR HD, and DROID RAZR MAXX HD are all ICS phones that shipped without the stock browser.

Similar Threads

  1. Chrome OS Tablet.. Better Than an ipad??
    By somanyphones in forum Misc. Android Tablets
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 05-13-2011, 12:54 PM
  2. How safe is google chrome?
    By terpitude71 in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 03-26-2010, 04:58 PM
  3. Is there a Chrome mobile browser?
    By raythepa in forum Android Apps
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 12-16-2009, 11:40 AM
  4. Droid SD Card and Chrome OS question
    By remark088 in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 12-08-2009, 06:13 PM
  5. First scratch on Hero's chrome.
    By infenit101 in forum HTC Hero
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10-27-2009, 10:41 PM

Posting Permissions