HSPA+ 42 data speed on Tmobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
Getting 6 Mbps down 2 Mbps up with AT&T. Still pretty quick speeds for data in my area. Switching LTE, I honestly don't really see a huge difference in day to day use on HSPA+ and this phone is a lot better then my GS3 by far.

imthekingbk

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
Even Verizon phones can drop a lot of calls in Chicago. Whether you're on the street on on the balcony of the 54th floor of an apartment building.

My buddy's s3 on tmobile Chicago ranges from 3 to 15MBs, that's what ultimately swayed decision to pass on an lte phone.

I live in Chicago too currently with Verizon and always have great LTE performance. I want to switch to T-Mobile but those results don't sound too good lol. I've heard T-Mobile is much better here than AT&T.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

imthekingbk

Jul 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm here around Des Plaines and I average around 12-16 Mbps down and around 2 Mbps up. I think in the Loop and Wicker Park/Logan Square, I've seen around 3-6 Mbps average downspeed, so a little slower, but still not bad.

What carrier? I'm near that area too.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Android Central Forums

lament

Aug 21, 2010
Visit site
This screenshot shows you connected to WiFi, not hspa
If you look again at the screenshot of the app (and not his notification bar), you'll see he tested on a data connection.

Anyone in East Bay on T-mobile? I'm curious how coverage is in the Berkeley area

Last edited:

sonnyg85

Nov 13, 2010
Visit site
I really thought I was gonna get decent service especially when I go way up north of the city but I was surprised with T-Mobile in the Boston area compared to sprint and Verizon who are my ex carriers and at&t aren't bad either and in one area in deep in the woods I was getting a little over 1mbps witch is still wicked better than sprint or Verizon 3g and the fact I'm getting around over 20mbps is great and really want to find out about the late chip in this phone its no biggie if on the end it doesn't really work the way it suppose to because I'm loving every part of this phone even though I thought I wudnt like the glass back but at least its beautiful piece of glass that I don't want to even pur a case and I haven't yet. I also had this phone for week and I pretty rough wit phones and no scratches so I love build quality surprise in lg bit also happy cuz competition is good for the consumer

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1353817594965.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1353817594965.jpg
    83.2 KB · Views: 48
Last edited:

Mr. Orange 645

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I currently live in southwest Missouri, but I'm moving to Tulsa, Oklahoma. Anyone here from that area with T-Mobile? I'm considering switching if Verizon ever finally takes my unlimited data away...

Mac58

Nov 8, 2010
Visit site
Who said LTE was important....:)
Edit: No I was not on WiFi when I recorded times just after I took screenshot

Attachments

• Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-59-26.png
    Screenshot_2012-11-25-00-59-26.png
    146.7 KB · Views: 41

sbsoad

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
These are the max speeds I have been getting with T-mobile on the Nexus 4. My average speeds have been at 14.50mbps. This is a huge step since I left Sprint, my average speed was 0.30mbps and max was 1.50mbps. I'm testing in the Detroit area.

Attachments

• speed test 11-21.jpg
    speed test 11-21.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 247

sbsoad

Dec 8, 2010
Visit site
These are my average speeds on T-mobile with the Nexus 4. Yes, I know the first test was on wifi, I was doing a comparison.

Attachments

• speed test 11-20.jpg
    speed test 11-20.jpg
    124.3 KB · Views: 242

Distorted Loop

Feb 9, 2010
Visit site

LA's a pretty big place...which part of town are you in? Best I've seen in the San Fernando Valley is 15 Mb/s.

Earlier someone said something about going to get better building penetration on AT&T...you will only if you're in one of their 850 MHz areas, many people aren't. Where I work, neither Pink or Blue can get into the building. Actually, Blue can make it about 3' in if you're by a window. Red has no issues with penetration with their LTE.

domo22

Jun 23, 2011
Visit site
What are the plans you guys have with T-Mobile I know i get pretty good coverage in my area but I use my cell as a business # so I need a decent amount of minutes.

drewC

Aug 26, 2011
Visit site
Just curious, how many people who have posted their speeds are using Straight Talk T-Mobile SIM?

One thing I want to add is that the latency test is much better in most cases with LTE. I use T-Mobile too and sometimes the Ping result is in the 1000's. I can't complain about the actual DL speeds because I can peak at 30mbps.

Loony2nz

Nov 25, 2012
Visit site
Those download speeds are impressive, but those upload speeds are pathetic.

If you're one to upload lots of videos, you're going to suffer.

I think this is where Verizon's lte shines. I've had upload speeds faster than my download speeds.

In San Francisco, speed test shows 18.26mb/down and 14.79mb/up for my galaxy nexus on vzw.

I'm not knocking hspa+ on t mobile, just make sure you know the whole picture before making a decision.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member