Have you cracked your Nexus 4 yet?

nigeljennings

Jan 4, 2013
Visit site
I was being sarcastic, I was trying to point out just because someone is lucky so far to have dropped their glass phone with no breakage, I don't want to take the risk and prefer to take precautions. But it's all a personal point of view. If and when I decide to upgrade from this phone is would like it to be in as good condition as possible to attain the best price. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. There's enough tit for tat arguments I've seen in my brief time on these forums!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
I was being sarcastic, I was trying to point out just because someone is lucky so far to have dropped their glass phone with no breakage, I don't want to take the risk and prefer to take precautions. But it's all a personal point of view. If and when I decide to upgrade from this phone is would like it to be in as good condition as possible to attain the best price. That's all I'm gonna say on the matter. There's enough tit for tat arguments I've seen in my brief time on these forums!

well i couldnt tell lol

X 0 N 0 D E

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site
I ordered my NeXus last night. Some questions however.
This cracking thing is my only worry.
What exactly causes this apart from falling? Heating?
So I plan keep my 3G to minimum use and WiFi off when not needed.
Will it help?

Sent from my DROID RaZr on JB.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Will it help?

Don't even worry about it.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
Will it help?

just get a case the rest is bs.

bobjohnson201

Jul 4, 2011
Visit site
something to do with a temperature difference between the glass and the contact surface, which causes excess stress in the material, which causes it to crack. idk if its true or not though, but some have apparantly reported it earlier.

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
something to do with a temperature difference between the glass and the contact surface, which causes excess stress in the material, which causes it to crack. idk if its true or not though, but some have apparantly reported it earlier.
He's in India. It never gets cold enough :D:thumbup:

iN8ter

Banned
Jan 23, 2012
Visit site
?? I am confused by your logic. Let's call everyone in they room idiots and expect no one to be offended. Sorry I'd rather speak clearly to all people involved.

That makes sense only if I called everyone in the room an idiot, which I didn't. The person who responded wasn't one of those people, he was just trying to bait me into name-dropping so he could have fun watching the ensuing flame ware, which (sorry) I tend to avoid. I can hold my own, but forums are full of thin-skinned people so I tend to avoid it these days.

Thank you.

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
I sure am getting worried now. Seen to many "I've cracked my nexus" comments. Hope mine doesn't

thisfnguy

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
When I was a waiter, my trick to never dropping plates was don't look at them while you hold them.

Same principle applies to phones.

TypoCorrecto

Jun 28, 2012
Visit site
Mine is still in plastic, front & back, but I haven't put a plan on it either. I intend on getting a plan and unwrapping this baby once my cases arrive...

badbrad17

Dec 2, 2011
Visit site
good lord, this thread has scared the ish out of me. just ordered a couple of cases off of amazon.
don't be scared. Its a bit slippery but just think before you go stuffing it in your pocket. And get a case soon. :thumbup: