A Friendly Reminder to Those Concerned About Storage Space

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
All LG customers get free 50GB of online storage space via Box. I think this is a limited time offer (maybe till the end of December). Also, not sure if it's available outside the US.

Download it, and set up your account via your phone, once it's set up and you first log in, you will get a notice saying your account has been upgraded to 50GB.

:cool:

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
To bad box sucks so bad that it isn't even useful. What good is having 50gb of storage when there is a file size limit that makes it nearly impossible to use your storage without paying for an upgraded account?

I'm lucky enough to be able to go through a lot of phones and I got a ton of free drop box storage with the Note 2. I plan on just getting another Samsung galaxy device with that offer before the 2 years run out. Lol hopefully they allow me to keep doing that. My current drop box storage is 67gb. It makes a 8giger nexus 4 pretty useful.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
I'm all about Dropbox as well. But for 50GB of free storage, Box is certainly good enough to dump some photos or other files to free up space on your phone. I believe the upload limit is 100mb. That's not too shabby.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
I have to be honest, I haven't used box and I may have misspoke, But I read about limits on both ends. Like maximum file size of only 25mb for the standard account. Have you used enough to test that? And if so Is that accurate?

I went a head and got the 50gb just in case I ever want to try the service out and I also recommend everyone do that. Free is free and even if the service is crippled now, it could always improve in the future.

Basscase

Nov 28, 2012
Visit site
...But I read about limits on both ends. Like maximum file size of only 25mb for the standard account. Have you used enough to test that? And if so Is that accurate?
Looks like we're both right!

From Box's FAQ:
What is the file upload limit?

Normally free Box Personal accounts have a 25MB upload limit, but we?re bumping it up to 100MB for this promotion in order to help you get the most out of your 50GB of storage. With a 100MB upload limit, you?ll be able to easily save pictures, presentations, audio files and documents to the cloud.

Saiga

Jul 22, 2011
Visit site
Ahh the fine print. Lol I didn't notice that special promotion. 100mb is definitely more useful than just 25. Thanks for educating me some!

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there a website that you can access via a laptop or other none android device? Can you get it when you don't have your Nexus 4 yet? Will it automatically upgrade to the 50GB once you sign with a Nexus 4?

MERCDROID

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
Is there a website that you can access via a laptop or other none android device? Can you get it when you don't have your Nexus 4 yet? Will it automatically upgrade to the 50GB once you sign with a Nexus 4?

That's the kicker: You have to have the Nexus 4. The Box website (and app) detects what device you're logging in from. If you don't have the Nexus 4 yet, signing up will only give you the standard free account. If you sign up for the standard account, as soon as you get the Nexus 4 and log in, it'll automatically upgrade you, assuming that you get your Nexus 4 before the promotion ends. If you know a friend that has a Nexus 4, maybe you can sign up using theirs? And then resume using the account once yours arrives.