no location on facebook status

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
It's probably because facebook hasn't updated to android or if it has, then it just might be it hasn't optimized for 4.2? Maybe android changed their GPS bit and it can't locate you

- - - Updated - - -

It's probably because facebook hasn't updated to android or if it has, then it just might be it hasn't optimized for 4.2? Maybe android changed their GPS bit and it can't locate you

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Mine is set to on by default I don't know how to turn it off, I can turn it off by turning the location setting off on the phone but then I need that on for other apps. *confused*

dirtyjeep

Apr 9, 2011
Visit site
Me too. When I hit the little location icon, it has me as "near Astoria" but doesn't display it in the status. When I try to hit the "x" it doesn't go away. This is even with the brand new Facebook update that came out today.

By the way, I don't live in Astoria, I live on Upper East Side Manhatten.... so wtf.

Go Ogle

Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Mine works fine. And the settings in facebook is where you can toggle the location on and off.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

AbuYazeedUK

Oct 4, 2012
Visit site
Message location services. It's there for me.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Thats Messenger Location Service fo when you are using the Messenger, mine is off but when i click to update my status it shows my location bottom right (greyed out). I was reading on another site that Facebook has changed and your location is always on but when you click on status click on the 'check in' icon it shows your location at the bottom (minimise keyboard if you don't see it) then click on the cross that disables your location for that status, i think you have to do it everytime you post a status.

Pedro Galarza

Dec 15, 2012
Visit site
Figured it out! You have to go to your PC and on the status box click the checkin icon until the correct city which is slightly greyed out. When you have this, uninstall the fabebook app and reinstall the app. Before you uninstall the fb app, make sure you leave your PC on with the facebook status showing the greyed out city. This will sync to your phone. Reinstall the fb app. Go to status, and you"ll see the greyed out city, which wasn't there before. It took a couple of tries but finally worked,

utspartan85

Mar 14, 2013
Visit site
Dorlisa I can't get mine to show up on my droid or my pc...I find this feature works when it wants but can't figure out why...I see other people's location coming up but not mine..and I never change those settings...don't get it :(
I know this is an old post but I don't can't get my location to show up.. any ideas?

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
I finally figured it out... I had to do it every time I post though.. press the "location" button, then at the bottom it should show up your city.... press on it.. and that should show up grey on your status update..

Afridi84

Oct 6, 2015
Visit site
I finally figured it out... I had to do it every time I post though.. press the "location" button, then at the bottom it should show up your city.... press on it.. and that should show up grey on your status update..
Dear brother same problem. With me now ..I am facing won't show auto location in grey.. only manually u can pick. Although my other apps in same mobile work with location well

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

dorlisa

Oct 29, 2012
Visit site
Dear brother same problem. With me now ..I am facing won't show auto location in grey.. only manually u can pick. Although my other apps in same mobile work with location well

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

Yes I agree... apparently they have changed it and I cant seem to get the city anymore... I see it on other people's status but apparently they have Iphones or something else.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa