Nexus 4 In Middle East?

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys,
I got some questions regarding the launch of the Nexus 4 in the Middle East(United Arab Emirates to be exact). They might be a bit far-fetched, but I don't know what on earth Google or LG have done to make a screw up of such a large proportion. Here are my questions-
Despite the Play Store not supporting my region, is there anyway I could order the Nexus 4 online while keeping the same $349 price tag?
When will it come to the UAE? Wikipedia said that it should have arrived in Asia and the Middle East last month.
Will the price tag jump up when it reaches here? The Galaxy Nexus had a price of around $660(converted) when it was first sold in the UAE. They stopped selling the Galaxy Nexus in major retailers here, but the last price I saw of it was around $272 in one shop and about $420 in all the other shops. That was around a few months ago. Its nowhere to be seen now, except in online second hand trading websites.

Any help would be appreciated :)

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
is there anyway I could order the Nexus 4 online while keeping the same $349 price tag?
When will it come to the UAE? Wikipedia said that it should have arrived in Asia and the Middle East last month.
Will the price tag jump up when it reaches here?

No
No one knows
Yes.

First of all, No one will resell online at a lost.... Think about $349 + Reshipping + slight profit. The $349 price tag is the US play store, if you look at other stores e.g UK and Aus it works out to be nearly $80 American more + more expensive shipping. To I highly doubt it would resell online less the other play stores at the moment because then all the other Google Play countries its available to wouldn't order through the play store.

Right now I am sure most people are clueless! LG said the N4 will be stores in Australia by the end of November... that date has been pushed back to 2013! so i think the dates for all countries will be pushed back. The N4 Hasn't been seen on the Australian play store since 13th Nov 20 minutes after available for sale.

As you can see above reasons, people want to make a profit. So the price will jump up particularly to cover costs of remailing etc. Right now your looking about the $400 or so Aus dollars for the 8gb (350 in the us store + 20 for shipping) which is about $420 USD and $500+USD for the 16gb which is 400+20 in the Aus play store. There is about a $100 mark up out there at the moment.

androidforum

Dec 14, 2012
Visit site
Ahh How unfortunate lol. It's ok, still a bargain I'd say! Thanks for the info. But I think Google should have not miscalculated its anticipation.

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Sorry its not good news, but everyone is in the same boat. Hopefully LG does bring it to your country, I am hoping for mortar stores or online soon!
The online price with $100 mark ups should come down soon though because it will get less popular.