Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 58
Like Tree13Likes
  1. #26  
    V-Tech's Avatar

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by badbrad17 View Post
    In Canada this is not as much of a problem as our networks are much more consistent with HSPA + than in the US.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Good to know
  2. #27  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    I'm sure that the internet surfing will be 100 times better on the N4 than my BB. Hope that the N4 will allow me to do everything that i'm doing on my BB now.
    Lol. It will be a huge difference. My wife can barely even use her BB on wifi its so slow. Trust me, you will love this phone.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
    V-Tech likes this.
  3. #28  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    Does unlocking means rooting = delete all data from the phone?!

    So i have to do it in the beginning when i get it?
    You should do the unlocking right away. Rooting won't erase anything.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  4. #29  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Here in South Jersey we don't have LTE yet, and who knows if we will get it in 2013. So for me it makes no difference. One question though, I do have LTE sim in my HOX, and HSPA speeds are terrible. I mostly get up to 2 Mbps down. Should I call ATT and have them configure my SIM for 4G non LTE device. Would that make a difference? I am planing to keep both phones once my N4 arrives.
  5. #30  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I'm 100% satisfied. I came from Verizon with a Galaxy Nexus (which was a great phone), in a strong LTE area, and I don't miss it a bit. As far as I can tell, my TMo speeds (usually getting 12 to 17 mgb download) are just as fast as Verizon's lte, BUT without the battery sucking drainage that lte causes.

    And of coarse, I couldn't be happier with my $30 per month bill. This phone makes me feel free!
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    trees247 likes this.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkoman4 View Post
    Here in South Jersey we don't have LTE yet, and who knows if we will get it in 2013. So for me it makes no difference. One question though, I do have LTE sim in my HOX, and HSPA speeds are terrible. I mostly get up to 2 Mbps down. Should I call ATT and have them configure my SIM for 4G non LTE device. Would that make a difference? I am planing to keep both phones once my N4 arrives.
    Check this thread for the correct APN for your phone. Keep in mind, you might have to play with the settings a bit.
    Nexus 4 APN's for AT&T
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  7. #32  
    V-Tech's Avatar

    Posts
    380 Posts
    Global Posts
    382 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by ChrisXe View Post
    Check this thread for the correct APN for your phone. Keep in mind, you might have to play with the settings a bit.
    Nexus 4 APN's for AT&T
    Maybe it's a good idea to open a topic for APN settings for different carriers or something.
  8. Thread Author  Thread Author    #33  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by V-Tech View Post
    Maybe it's a good idea to open a topic for APN settings for different carriers or something.
    Well I know there was also a TMO thread, as well as the AT&T one I posted. As far as Canadian, and European carriers they're all different. The only problem too is everyones APN's seem to be different based on their current data plan. Some are coming from S3/iPhone 5 LTE plans, and some from older non LTE plans so each APN needs to be different.
    Living large with my Galaxy Note 3!!!
  9. #34  

    Default Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I wish I had one I think that APN topic for each carrier would be great.


    Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    PhoneJunkie

    Iphone 5s
    HTC One (M8)
    Nexus 5

    Sold (HTC One X, iPhone 4s, Ipad Mini, Galaxy S3, and S4 LG Optimus G Pro)
  10. #35  
    yfan's Avatar

    Posts
    798 Posts
    Global Posts
    801 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I am very happy with my Nexus 4. I have the 8 gig model, and everything works flawlessly. I live and work in T-mobile's HSPA+ 42 coverage areas, so when I am on their network, speeds are great, although a lot of the times I tend to be on wi-fi anyway. My phone has been my wake-up device in the sense that when I wake up in the morning, I tend to stay in bed and pick up my phone to read the news and watch some news videos, and the Nexus 4's screen makes that such a great experience. It is also great throughout the day. Battery life is better than the Galaxy Nexus (which is expected), and all in all, I'm very pleased. My only beef is that the aux audio level is a little too quiet.
    Thanked by:
    XChrisX likes this.
  11. #36  
    Citizen Coyote's Avatar

    Posts
    879 Posts
    ROM
    KK 4.4.2

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I am completely satisfied with my N4. Vanilla Android has come a long way from the days of Gingerbread (the last time I looked at a Nexus device) and I have almost no problems with it (email is the one minor annoyance, but I think that has to do with my ISP more than the Nexus). I came from Sprint and WiMax so HSPA+ speeds are a breath of fresh air, although I do wish T-Mo's signal was a bit more reliable. Again though, that's not the phone.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    When I use my N4 and my One X side-by-side, the HTC screen really makes me miss that phone. I snapped a few pictures last night with both phones, and the One X definitely has the nicer camera in my eyes. It's all a personal preference. I'm really considering a One X+.
  13. #38  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by anothernewphone View Post
    When I use my N4 and my One X side-by-side, the HTC screen really makes me miss that phone. I snapped a few pictures last night with both phones, and the One X definitely has the nicer camera in my eyes. It's all a personal preference. I'm really considering a One X+.
    I think most reviews have said the same. The One X is the better phone for camera and the screen is a bit better.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  14. #39  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Thanks for that info. Still waiting for my N4 but my One X looks really great. Except for lag in Sense. Did you use the same SIM that came with your One X in N4. And if yes did you have to change APN settings to get better speeds. Thanks
  15. #40  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I don't have the nexus 4 but I have the HTC one X and I live in a AT&T HSPA+ area and can get up to 11 Mbps Down and up to 2 Mbps up But I can get 7-9 Mbps most times and 1 Mbps up. Had Verizon a earlier this year and loved their LTE but I used their 3G network because it's more consistent by changing the settings. In the end I have always had more of a reliable data on 3G/HSPA+ then I have on LTE and that shouldn't be a deal breaker for this phone it seems like a great phone.
  16. #41  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by darkoman4 View Post
    Thanks for that info. Still waiting for my N4 but my One X looks really great. Except for lag in Sense. Did you use the same SIM that came with your One X in N4. And if yes did you have to change APN settings to get better speeds. Thanks
    You could always root and flash CM10?
  17. #42  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I think my old phone took better pictures and I miss my skins but over all I think its a much better phone.
  18. #43  
    D Mac's Avatar

    Posts
    59 Posts
    Global Posts
    1,012 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Lanhoj View Post
    Check out 'MyProfiles+'-->
    Unfortunately that does not allow him to do what he was looking for ( SMS on, Email off, WhatsApp on).

    I checked out pretty well every single profile type app that exists and there is simply nothing that provides the level of control or the simplicity of use that is available built in on all Blackberrys.
  19. #44  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I'm completely satisfied with my 16GB Nexus 4. I've had 0 issues with it. Unlocked, rooted and I love it. HSPA+ speeds on T-Mo are good in my area. It gets a better signal than my Sensation 4G got and I can easily use it as a Wi-Fi hotspot even though I have the unlimited 4G plan (no throttling and no cap ) that doesn't allow it. The more I use it, the more I like it. No lag, no excess heat, no random restarts, no problems with build quality, and I have a lightweight clear TPU case so no issue with the glass back. Everyone has their preference but for me it's a wonderful phone, especially unlocked for $349 with fresh updates from the Google mothership without the need for a custom ROM (that always end up having something that doesn't work). That's my N4 experience.
    Thousands of candles can be lighted from a single candle, and the life of the candle will not be shortened. Happiness never decreases by being shared. -Buddha-
  20. #45  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    From reading this thread it seems like everyone is happy with their n4 even with all of the reported "issues" and "problems". I think those were few and far between in the big picture.
  21. #46  
    badbrad17's Avatar

    Posts
    3,284 Posts
    ROM
    Stock JB 4.4 Rooted

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Unfortunately that does not allow him to do what he was looking for ( SMS on, Email off, WhatsApp on).

    I checked out pretty well every single profile type app that exists and there is simply nothing that provides the level of control or the simplicity of use that is available built in on all Blackberrys.
    I believe Llama may allow you to set this up. Check it out.

    Sent from my SGH-T989D using Android Central Forums
    Android Evangelist
    HTC Desire + Samsung Galaxy SIIx + Transformer TF101 and Prime + Nexus 4
  22. #47  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by yfan View Post
    I am very happy with my Nexus 4. I have the 8 gig model, and everything works flawlessly. I live and work in T-mobile's HSPA+ 42 coverage areas, so when I am on their network, speeds are great, although a lot of the times I tend to be on wi-fi anyway. My phone has been my wake-up device in the sense that when I wake up in the morning, I tend to stay in bed and pick up my phone to read the news and watch some news videos, and the Nexus 4's screen makes that such a great experience. It is also great throughout the day. Battery life is better than the Galaxy Nexus (which is expected), and all in all, I'm very pleased. My only beef is that the aux audio level is a little too quiet.
    How long does the battery lasts if you are browsing in Wi-Fi continuously ?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  23. #48  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by Brody12 View Post
    How long does the battery lasts if you are browsing in Wi-Fi continuously ?

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
    I get about 4 hours on screen time with 50% brightness

    Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums
  24. #49  
    nickacs's Avatar

    Posts
    346 Posts
    Global Posts
    355 Global Posts

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    Quote Originally Posted by D Mac View Post
    Unfortunately that does not allow him to do what he was looking for ( SMS on, Email off, WhatsApp on).

    I checked out pretty well every single profile type app that exists and there is simply nothing that provides the level of control or the simplicity of use that is available built in on all Blackberrys.
    Get 'Quick Profiles' from the Google Play store.. Will do all the stuff you need and it's free... Been using for 2yrs and does it all
  25. #50  

    Default Re: Are you satisfied with your Nexus 4?

    I'm pretty happy with my Nexus 4, have had it almost a month now.

    What I love...

    Love how fast and smooth it is. Particularly how web pages load so quickly. Have some other apps that are benefiting from the extra horse power as well.
    The screen is nice and bright. I keep my brightness at 30% most of the time and out doors it look quite nice at 100%.
    Feels great in my hand. I love the flat back (hated the humps on all the Samsung phones I've owned).

    My minor complaint...

    Battery life not as good as I like. I seem to need to charge it more frequently than my Galaxy Nexus.

    Insignificant trivial complaints...

    Phone warms up doing anything, even just web browsing. My Galaxy Nexus didn't warm up so much.
    Screen doesn't quite look as good as I hoped, I can see very faint vertical lines on the screen when viewed closely.
    T-Mobile HSPA+ sucks in Phoenix, only get about 6Mbps, though it's sufficient.
    Wish the back wasn't made of glass, gives the phone a fragile delicate feeling. I don't like using cases, but feel I really need to with this phone.

    I listed more complaints, but the things I love are quite huge and the complaints are mostly minor trivial issues that don't really bother me much. The battery life is probably the only real issue I have.
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. What cool things are you doing with your nexus 7?
    By jnrtwum in forum Google Nexus 7 Tablet (2012)
    Replies: 53
    Last Post: 02-24-2013, 09:01 PM
  2. What Are You Doing with Your Old Phone (When You Upgrade)?
    By k3vb0t in forum The Android Central Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 04-23-2011, 11:44 PM
  3. Replies: 16
    Last Post: 02-22-2011, 11:58 PM
  4. Are you happy with your Droid?
    By Jeremy in forum Motorola Droid
    Replies: 129
    Last Post: 07-31-2010, 09:24 PM
  5. Are you happy with your phone/is it defective?
    By sum spicy rice in forum Verizon Droid Incredible
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 05-18-2010, 09:48 AM

Posting Permissions

B