Nexus 4 NOT CHARGING

dentmac

Dec 17, 2012
Visit site
Hi,

LG Nexus 4
Phone 3 days old. Fully charged it once. Down to 34% so left it plugged in overnight. This AM the Nexus wall adapter and the phone are warm. 64% charged but indicating NO CHARGE . Tried other chargers -- no charge. Downloaded battery widget- "discharging" when plugged in.
Re-booted-- nothing.:(:(
Perhaps I should have learned-- Had a Nexus 1 (HTC) Crap- 3 power buttons replaced- Gave up!

UPDATE:
did the re-start -- no change
went down to 5% -- Gave low warning-- now charges
I will have to keep it on charger as much as off. Screen is 38% off battery use.

Last edited:

corance

Nov 3, 2012
Visit site
Yeah no. No model/brand of phone is always 100%. It has nothing to do with it being a nexus and a different brand at that.

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Reboot the phone.

Turn on then press and hold power button until menu appears. Tap Power off to shutdown.

After shutdown, press and hold power button for five seconds until haptic feedback then release. Phone will restart.

ConTejas

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
I've seen some gnex threads where the phone wouldn't turn on, wouldn't charge, etc. and all were fixed simply by pulling the battery and holding the power button for at least 10 secs (to discharge static electricity). Of course, the N4 doesn't have a removable battery, but I'd try a hard reset.

Thoggie

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Great advice! Nexus 4 arrived last night and this morning I could not start it. I thought 'blimey they've sold me a dud'. From the advice on this forum I held down the power button for a few seconds longer then usual and it started right away with 94% charge. Saved me returning it unnecessarily.

omoore28

Jan 21, 2013
Visit site
same thing happened to me, nothing worked though, tried everything from hard reset to holding on button for 10 minutes! eventually ordered replacement and of course after i got off phone it started ti work. going to send back anyway.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa