Battery drain issue combined with charging issue after Android 13 update

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
I have a double whammy situation with my s22 ultra after the android 13 update.

My battery life has been cut drastically by about 60%. Currently I am losing about 40% of charge in one hour of use. Phone stays warm through the day. Only browsing the web and playing YouTube Music. As you can see with the screenshot the predicted battery life is ridiculously off from reality.

Also my phone won't charge nearly as fast as before. Regular fast chargers can't even keep up with the phone. It actually discharges while plugged in. I have to use super fast chargers to keep it charged.

I know the charge rate was reduced for all the chargers (not just excessive phone power use) because I have one of those digital charging cables on one charger that shows the charge rate in watts. It used to show 22 watts on a super fast charger. Now it shows only 9 watts on the same charger. Once in a while I'll see it briefly bump to 15 watts but mostly at 9 and never at 22 where it used to be.

So I have both a massive battery drain problem in addition to the charge rate being cut drastically. All in all it makes the phone almost unusable. It constantly needs to be plugged in to be used.

I do not want to factory reset my device as it takes me days to get it set up the way I have it. Is there a way to fix my phone? Any advice is much appreciated.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221105_094138_Device care.jpg
    Screenshot_20221105_094138_Device care.jpg
    135.9 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:

fuzzylumpkin

Dec 7, 2012
Visit site
Have you tried clearing the cache partition from the phones recovery menu?Turn the phone off and hold the volume down and power button while you turn it back on. If you're outside the US, you need to plug the phone into a PC while you do this.

pj737

May 8, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all. I tried clearing the cache partition and no improvement. I didn't try safe mode yet but how could I identify and remove a third party app if I determine the battery drain isn't problematic in safe mode? Is there any way to determine if one app is using more power than it should?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Identifying which 3rd party app is the culprit can be challenging, but what we're trying to do first here is to narrow things down to 3rd party app vs system. If you don't see the rapid battery drain in Safe Mode after an hour, then it's most likely a 3rd party app. Once we've determined that, we can go from there.

It's also conceivable that a 3rd party could be messing with the charging as well.

o4liberty

Dec 9, 2009
Visit site
I have been good since the update no battery issue at all so far fingers crossed!!

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
My battery life has also taken a huge dump. Hopefully they release an update soon.

My phone just chews through the battery without even using it.

YankInDaSouth

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site
My battery life has not been that great either. It's not been as drastically bad as what the OP has been experiencing, but it was bad enough to prompt me to do a factory reset and start with a fresh install. Just got done sitting everything up, hopefully it will go well.

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using AC Forums mobile app

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29