Any other Nexus owners hear a rattle?

TheNDChief

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
Whenever I put it down I hear a rattling noise. Should I be worried? Ask Google for a replacement?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

FreakyLocz14

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Whenever I put it down I hear a rattling noise. Should I be worried? Ask Google for a replacement?

People have gotten replacements for it in the past. It is a known defect.

TheNDChief

Apr 25, 2012
Visit site
How long would it take and would I have to wait for them to get my device until they send the replacement.?

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
How long would it take and would I have to wait for them to get my device until they send the replacement.?

Probably just five work days or something, they will just ship a Nexus 4 to you when you request it and when you recieve it, you put your broken Nexus 4 and send it in for repair and no cost to you. (the repaired Nexus 4 won't be given to you, it'll be shipped to another customer)

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Haha I would like to know if those who got replacements noticed the same rattle.

Paul Stef

Dec 21, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

It is not the autofocus for the camera. It is the micro SIM card ejector. I have 2 Nexus 4's and had one taken apart and that is what is causing the rattling sound. It does not affect the phone what-so-ever but, it is annoying and some Nexus 4's are worse than others. My second phone rattles louder than the first. If you want to check, remove the micro SIM card, insert a piece of thin folder paper in the SIM card slot and push it up about an inch toward the top of the phone. The rattling will stop. It is absolutely not the auto focus.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
Hi guys,

It is not the autofocus for the camera. It is the micro SIM card ejector. I have 2 Nexus 4's and had one taken apart and that is what is causing the rattling sound. It does not affect the phone what-so-ever but, it is annoying and some Nexus 4's are worse than others. My second phone rattles louder than the first. If you want to check, remove the micro SIM card, insert a piece of thin folder paper in the SIM card slot and push it up about an inch toward the top of the phone. The rattling will stop. It is absolutely not the auto focus.

Can someone else confirm putting paper in your phone stops the rattle?

Couter

Jan 24, 2013
Visit site
Can someone else confirm putting paper in your phone stops the rattle?

A bit late, but my phone has this rattle as well, and it's not the sim slot. Putting paper behind the back cover does not stop the rattle, I have to press it pretty firmly with my thumb in order to dampen the sound at all. It wasn't that noticeable before, but after dropping my phone a few times, it's gotten worse, even in an Otterbox.

It's also not really a rattle like something broke off and is rattling around, it's more like a spring vibrating after being tapped, although it only lasts half a second.

I find it really annoying, but I use my phone to record while I drive using a windshield mount. The slightest vibrations in the road cause the rattle, and it's pretty loud when you play the videos back. My Atrix didn't have this problem.

danielcj

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
My old blackberry 9700 had the same rattle. It's either the auto focus or the vibrating mechanism. It was my second unit as the first had a keyboard issue and that one did not have a rattle. My nexus4 has a slight rattle when it set it down but it's not really an issue.

FYourProblems

Nov 24, 2012
Visit site
A bit late, but my phone has this rattle as well, and it's not the sim slot. Putting paper behind the back cover does not stop the rattle, I have to press it pretty firmly with my thumb in order to dampen the sound at all. It wasn't that noticeable before, but after dropping my phone a few times, it's gotten worse, even in an Otterbox.

It's also not really a rattle like something broke off and is rattling around, it's more like a spring vibrating after being tapped, although it only lasts half a second.

I find it really annoying, but I use my phone to record while I drive using a windshield mount. The slightest vibrations in the road cause the rattle, and it's pretty loud when you play the videos back. My Atrix didn't have this problem.

Send that ish back.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
I would send it back if mine had the rattle, luckily mine does not.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa