Is there an FM radio in the Nexus 4?

andr0idralphie

Oct 31, 2012
Visit site
Re: Is there fm radio in nexus 4?

Anticipate an emergency where you'll need a radio? Get a radio with solar panel and hand crank and carry it around.

redhotiron2004

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Anticipate an emergency where you'll need a radio? Get a radio with solar panel and hand crank and carry it around.

Why are you being so critical about a wonderful technology that have no cheaper substitute. The flexibility and depth it offers have no parallel with respect to cost. Earth would end someday, sun would loose its shine one day. But, that doesn't mean you would need to make bunkers and deposit food supply there for the dooms day :-D.
Just don't put so much pressure on your brain. It can't handle it ;-).
Anyways, some technologies are evergreen which don't have a viable alternative such as sound waves, radio waves, sunlight etc. These exist in nature in abundance. Its better to built technology around them rather than creating costly substitutes which are not as effective. Like 3g fm radio.

Sent from my MK16i

redhotiron2004

Oct 15, 2012
Visit site

Sooooo... smoke signals and mirrors to flash Morse Code?

The things you mentioned have much cheaper and flexible options available. So those have become obsolete. Mirrors to flash morse code don't have the range and depth to become a viable alternative to beat mobile,internet, satellite communication etc. And they would prove more costly and much more limited then the alternative technologies we have;-):-D.

Sent from my MK16i

gmail friends

Jul 10, 2013
Visit site

It is always a best idea to keep FM functionality in nexus 4. It doesn't take much space too. I'm looking to buy this phone. Someone please suggest why to buy nexus than galaxy s3/s4?

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site

It is always a best idea to keep FM functionality in nexus 4. It doesn't take much space too. I'm looking to buy this phone. Someone please suggest why to buy nexus than galaxy s3/s4?

Nexus holds there value, updates faster, no carrier bloatware (if purchased through play store or rooted). The N4 has a loud external speaker, greatly improved from the Galaxy Nexus. I am sure there are other reasons but too tired to think right now.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

mrvco

Jun 28, 2013
Visit site
My Zune HD has an HD Radio tuner (FM). It is certainly an improvement over the FM that I've always known... at least from a technology perspective. Unfortunately the FM stations are piped in trash, but to each his own. AM is where it is at for news, weather and emergency information.

CoMoNexus

Mar 1, 2013
Visit site
AM is where it is at for news, weather and emergency information.

Not any more. A lot of AM news stations (e.g., WBBM) have begun simulcasting on FM over the past few years. It's a major trend as AMs look to overcome longstanding issues such as interference.

Interceptorm5

Jul 26, 2013
Visit site
I would also like FM radio on my Nexus 4. Here in New Zealand you can forget about any digital streaming, partly because it's sparse and partly because mobile data is extremely expensive. If you want to rip people off just come and start business down here, it's a proper s@$#t hole.

eco7

Aug 18, 2012
Visit site
@All, I would also like FM radio on my Nexus 4 or any phone. It is nice to be able to listen to local radio staion at no cost or to depend on the cloud ecosystem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa