Google Nexus 4 stock blunder

shahzad malik

Jan 6, 2013
Visit site
Dear Google

I live in London and ordered GN4 via Google Play on 5 Dec 2012 and still have not received my phone. Although GP informed me 6 weeks delivery but how come the phone is available through T mobile, Three, O2 and CarphoneWarehouse. I ordered my phone by paying ?290 but Carphonewarehouse are selling it for ?390. I do not think it is fair on Google lovers.
To add salt to the wound there is not even a single email from GP to inform me my order status.
I think Google owe me an apology. I wrote to GP and I received a computer response back. There is no one at GP to reply to my complaints.
I have read unlimited reviews about this phone and I am sure it is a good phone but how come the world largest search engine can make this silly mistake about stock control.
If this is the case then Google should stick to what they know best and not go into unknown markets.

Can you please respond and compensate me of this misery if waiting.

Thanks and regards

Shahzad Malik London

sduda210

May 3, 2012
Visit site
Why should they apologize, it still hasn't been 6 weeks? Maybe T mobile and the rest ordered before you. Either way they said 6 weeks and its still in the time frame. It just a phone you will survive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Bar81

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Why should they apologize, it still hasn't been 6 weeks? Maybe T mobile and the rest ordered before you. Either way they said 6 weeks and its still in the time frame. It just a phone you will survive.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Exactly; the OP should be thankful he actually has a unit in the pipeline.

donec

Sep 15, 2012
Visit site
Why would you post a letter to Google here? There is no indication they care about what is said here or any where else for that matter. Also as others have said you are complaining that others have gotten the phone before you and your posted deadline has not come yet. You can always cancel your order and tell them why if you think they are listening.

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
Because through places like Carphone Warehouse literally people are oblivious to it, it hasn't really been advertised and in my local store (where I work) it only got put out on display as a demo phone a few weeks ago. We've had 3 in Stock now for about 2 months and the only one that's been sold was to me when I did my own contract. I don't understand why people aren't buying them because they're an amazing phone but that's why they're all in Stock plus they're being sold at nearly ?100 more than what they're on sale for through Google Online.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Because through places like Carphone Warehouse literally people are oblivious to it, it hasn't really been advertised and in my local store (where I work) it only got put out on display as a demo phone a few weeks ago. We've had 3 in Stock now for about 2 months and the only one that's been sold was to me when I did my own contract. I don't understand why people aren't buying them because they're an amazing phone but that's why they're all in Stock plus they're being sold at nearly ?100 more than what they're on sale for through Google Online.

Carphone warhouse? Is that cars ans phone or a legit 60s car phone.

Sent from my Nexus 4

Tidey_

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
It got named after the first phone that got put in a car or something like that, basically it's a Phone Shop. And no, we don't sell cars.

saeufer

Nov 9, 2012
Visit site
Dear OP,

If you're angry that Google hasn't shipped your phone even though the delivery window is still open, you're welcome to go to Carphone Warehouse and pay the extra ?100 or to go to O2, 3, T-Mobile, etc. and sign a contract. You can then cancel your Play Store order and Google won't charge you for the phone. You're also welcome to pay whatever the going rate on eBay is these days.

If not, quit crying and enjoy your discount. After all, Google has met its delivery estimates for the overwhelming majority of orders, and your phone isn't even late until the 17th.

Love,

A Nexus 4 user who waited his 4-5 weeks.

P.S. If you can't tell an enthusiasts' forum from official Google support contacts, perhaps a Motorola F3 is more your speed.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glda19