T mobile wont sell me it

Phonejock

Nov 23, 2011
Visit site
A T-mobile store mear my house got 4 Nexus 4s today and I tried to buy one for $500 which is a little pricey and they would not without a contract. They said with this shipment they cant sell without a contract and once they get more they could again. So close to getting one but yet far away.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk 2

zero3187

Apr 25, 2010
Visit site
They were probably lying to you. I imagine they easily could sell one of them to you off contract but they make more money if they sign you up for a contract.

Jnorton2724

Nov 6, 2012
Visit site
I'm on a t mobile plan with 100 minutes, unlimited data and unlimited texts for $30. Idk if they have that in stores though.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

gunster

Dec 27, 2012
Visit site
Why don't you just use that $500 and buy a N4 8gb off of Amazon or something? Because haha yeah I can't imagine Tmobile selling one off contract :p

Hubertsng

Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Just buy it in contact and then pay a fee top cancel the contract. If you really want to buy it from Verizon

Sent from my Nexus 4

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Just buy it in contact and then pay a fee top cancel the contract. If you really want to buy it from Verizon

Sent from my Nexus 4

Yea that actually makes sense. You get it for cheaper then you could just pay the fee for breaking the contract early.

6tr6tr

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
I think it's 30 bucks but only with enough data to receive 2 emails.

LOL. I have the $30/month plan and I get 5GB of 4G data (I consistently get above 8mbps) and unlimited texting. I also get 100 minutes of voice, but I use VOIP so I actually get thousands of minutes. Granted voice takes data, but a minute takes about 700K. So if I talk for 2000 minutes in a month - I've never been over 1000 - that would leave me about 3.6GB for regular data. Since I actually use about 800 minutes a month, I have 4.2GB for non-voice every month at about 8mbps (occasionally higher).

djkleric

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Nexus 4
T-mobile will more than likely do a hard inquiry on your credit to see if you can sign up for a contract. I would not advise doing this as it will bring down your credit score just to buy a phone that you can just wait to get with out a credit check.

mastercookiez

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site
I know when I went to the AT&T store when I bought my Galaxy S3, I looked where the prices were next to each phone of display and it showed the "Off Contract" price. I went into a T-Mobile store the other day with a friend and T-Mobile shows the "Off-Contract" price next to the phones on display too. I'm just using a little common sense here but I'm pretty sure that they wouldn't show the "Off Contract" price if they wouldn't let you buy a phone with the "Off Contract" price. If you're having troubles with the T-mobile store people, just buy a phone from Amazon at the "Off Contract" price. I just looked it up and on the T-Mobile website, the Nexus 4 "Off Contract" is $549.99. Amazon is cheaper with the price of $489.99.

whymista

Jan 16, 2012
Visit site
Tell them it's a gift for someone.

I must either be really fortunate to always run into nice salespeople, I awe them with my riding gear or they're afraid I'm going to rob them but I almost never have problems either getting the phone I want or after swapping out phones over and over getting another phone that is close in price but different so I'm not going home with defective model #4.

chestvrg

Dec 25, 2010
Visit site
I went to a tmobile store today in Miami (Int'l Mall), and at first they pretended like they didnt have it but then after I called the same store and someone acknowledged they did have it, they couldn't deny it....well...cut short....

They were asking me for a $200 deposit + $199 for phone + $130 for the first month WTF and they were only offering the $89.99 plan. I rather buy it from eBay for $529 fully unlocked and no contract headaches.