Is this a bug? Creating new SMS does not send due to no area code?

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
Whenever I create a new SMS to send a msg to somebody that is in my contact list it doesn't send in the format of 1-555-555-5555, it displays it as 1-555-5555 and the message ends up not getting sent. Nor does it show the contact name by the number after it revers to the 1-555-5555 format. Is there a workaround to this? It shows the Number at the top in 7 digit format, and the name of the person underneath, but when I send it gets an error that it didn't go through and the name of contact disappears. If I enter it in a 10 digit format it will go through.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
You should update your contacts so that everyone is in the 10-digit format.

vNaK

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
When I search for a contact, ie my buddy James, it pops up his info and shows his name and his number in a 10 digit format, but when I click on it it turns it into a 7 digit format.

I tested it out with other numbers and with some it does that while others it seems okay. I've always used a 10-digit format since having my first android phone maybe missed a few, but why would it show in my contacts list as 10-digit then converting it to a 7 digit when I click on it?

Thought I'd mentioned this too, I have a Note 2 that I recently bought and using the same contacts, it went through no problem for everyone I sent a new SMS. So it had to be already in a 10 digit format.

AtomicFrost

Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
When I search for a contact, ie my buddy James, it pops up his info and shows his name and his number in a 10 digit format, but when I click on it it turns it into a 7 digit format.

I tested it out with other numbers and with some it does that while others it seems okay. I've always used a 10-digit format since having my first android phone maybe missed a few, but why would it show in my contacts list as 10-digit then converting it to a 7 digit when I click on it?

Thought I'd mentioned this too, I have a Note 2 that I recently bought and using the same contacts, it went through no problem for everyone I sent a new SMS. So it had to be already in a 10 digit format.

Make sure under his contact information that you don't have his mobile number set to the 7 digit format. Although, it does seem odd that your Note 2 doesn't have any issues with how you have you contacts set up, but your Nexus 4 does. :confused:

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87