Quick-Switch for Keyboard Language

DownwardFacingDroid

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
I recently converted to Android from iOS and was wondering if there's any way to change the language settings from the keyboard rather than going thru settings. With iOS, this could be done using a tiny globe in the lower left hand corner of the keyboard. I ask because I often communicate in German or Spanish and dislike the fact that the phone auto-corrects me based on the English dictionary.

Any help is appreciated.

anon(847090)

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I recently converted to Android from iOS and was wondering if there's any way to change the language settings from the keyboard rather than going thru settings. With iOS, this could be done using a tiny globe in the lower left hand corner of the keyboard. I ask because I often communicate in German or Spanish and dislike the fact that the phone auto-corrects me based on the English dictionary.

Any help is appreciated.
Edit: Never mind Ignore

Last edited:

N4Newbie

Trusted Member
Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Do this first:

Settings -> Language & input -> Android keyboard (tap the settings icon just to the right) -> Input languages. Select as many as you want.

Now, open any app which uses a keyboard, such as Messaging. Pop the keyboard and you will see that the spacebar now indicates the current language setting, for example, "English (US)". Look just to the left of the spacebar for a button with a world map icon. Tap it once to instantly switch to an alternate language (mine is Italiano). If you have just the two languages setup, tapping the world icon will swap between them; if you have than two, it will cycle through them. You can also tap/hold the world map icon for a different method of choosing.

teleclimber

Jan 30, 2011
Visit site
I use SwiftKey 3 keyboard. I communicate in French and English. With those languages selected in SwiftKey's settings I can type in either one and it autocorrects and predicts based on the closest match. I don't have to say "I'm now typing in French". It just looks at what I'm typing and picks the right words in the right language (usually) based on what I typed so far.

Selvaraj V P

Jun 15, 2013
Visit site
I am using Samsung Galaxy Grand Mobile.

I have set my Language Tamil in this way

Go to --> settings -->
Go to --> Language and input
Go to --> Samsung Keyboard Setting
Go to --> Input Language
Select (tick) which ever the languages you want to use for input text

that's all
Whenever you want the change the Key Board language swipe on <Space Bar> you can select the languages as per your need.

Hope this will help you

Thanks and regards,

V P Selvaraj

amodmos

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
Thank you.....!

Dear V P Selvaraj
Your reply on how to have multiple writing language on the keyboard really helped me.
Of all the replies posted, your was the one that really helped me. This post is just to
convey my BIG THANK YOU to you.

Regards
Amod Kumar

harcormor

Nov 7, 2013
Visit site
I have a phone that is running android 4.3 I factory reset it and now everything is in chinese. I found out how to change the language but it won't let me change the input method for the keyboard please help any way you can

Jeannettee

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
Ohhh!!! So very happy right now! Typing messages to friends and family was such a pain when it kept auto-correcting to English words! Merci merci!:p

DanielChu

Oct 14, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem as you so I wrote an App to make keyboard switching less painful (it's English, Chinese, Spanish, Japanese which I'm switching constantly between).

App is called "floating keyboard switcher" and it's available in the PlayStore

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress