My 1 week old Nexus 4 won't turn on

JoeyTee

Mar 4, 2014
Visit site
Here's how one solved it (from the xda thread):

this happened to my phone today while running antutu and using franco kernel. can't get it to boot back up either.

EDIT: fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on.

Signed up just to say you're an absolute legend. My phone was totally dead this morning, tried plenty of other solutions I found on forums and nothing would work.

Followed your instructions and my phone just sprung back to life on the first attempt. Thanks so much!

DanyFelz

Dec 25, 2013
Visit site
Here's how one solved it (from the xda thread):

this happened to my phone today while running antutu and using franco kernel. can't get it to boot back up either.

EDIT: fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on.

Ohhhhh man you saved me :D
I just signed up into this form to thank you, this worked for me :cool: thank you man

no6969el

Mar 2, 2011
Visit site
Just wanted to say thanks, I have had my nexus 4 since it was released years ago and this just happened today. I have a nexus 5 and use the 4 as my work phone. It was fairly charged but I threw it on the charger last night and I guess it charge too much and the phone went into some emergency shutdown. Anyway this worked so thanks!!!!!

jasonprice

Sep 5, 2010
Visit site
They REALLY need to fix this issue. My wife's Nexus 4 shuts off randomly sometimes a few times a day. Ridiculous. None of the supposed fixes work.

Harsh Raj05

Dec 19, 2014
Visit site
Fixed it by using the method of holding power up and on for 60 seconds, while off charger, then plugging it back into charger and turning it back on..

Thanks a lot!!