I want the nexus 4 so bad :(

maryjane2300

Feb 2, 2013
Visit site
But att has way better coverage than T-Mobile in my area. But I want T-Mobile because its speeds are crazy fast compared to att. Anyone using the N4 with att like the speeds?

Sent from my Sammy S3

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
But att has way better coverage than T-Mobile in my area. But I want T-Mobile because its speeds are crazy fast compared to att. Anyone using the N4 with att like the speeds?

Sent from my Sammy S3

Ill know soon, ATT has way better coverage in my backwooods area, the TMO site said I would be lucky to get 2G... to me better overall coverage outranks better data speed

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site

Sent from my Sammy S3
Speeds are fine. It might take 2Min to DL an 70MB Podcast. Other then that there is nothing else that takes more then a sec or so to load. These speeds are consistent where I travel. Canadian border to SC and out as far as Cincinnati.

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site

Sent from my Sammy S3

Well what do you want? Phone service in more places, or faster speeds in less places? To me its more important to actually be able to make phone calls in 95%+ areas I'm in, than have faster internet 50% of the time.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

S-Doo-1965

Feb 23, 2012
Visit site
I took a step back from a Note on AT&T LTE with speeds of around 14mb. With the Nexus I get about 7 and don't notice difference. Streams things like you tube and Netflix fine. The Facebook app is just as clunky.

Run, do NOT walk, and get a Nexus 7. You can thank me later.

Last edited:

Reptile1990

Dec 20, 2012
Visit site

Sent from my Sammy S3

I'm on AT&T through Straight Talk. I get around 4mb down and 1.5mb up. Im happy. But i'm on wifi 95% of the time so crazy data speeds aren't a huge deal for me.

Alvin Tran

Feb 16, 2013
Visit site
Yeah, I 'downgraded' from LTE on my Lumia 900 to 4G on my Nexus 4, and the speed difference are noticeable. Although I didn't get anywhere near 15+mbps like some do, I can really notice the speed of loading websites and videos on the N4 running at only around 1-3mbps. Although the speeds are disappointing, I do sacrifice it for the smoothness, app selection, and overalll quality experience on the phone. But I sure wish there was LTE afterall.

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
I also have a Note 2 on ATT and I definitely notice the differences on speed compared to my N4. I can take it for a few days at a time but do not think I could walk away from LTE full time. I sure hope the next Nexus has LTE! The LTE screen shot is from my SGSIII last summer. I do not even do speed tests on LTE anymore, I know it is fast. The second is my N4 on HSPA+.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2013-02-02-13-49-19.png
    Screenshot_2013-02-02-13-49-19.png
    97.6 KB · Views: 19
  • Screenshot_2012-07-05-13-02-26.png
    Screenshot_2012-07-05-13-02-26.png
    484.1 KB · Views: 18