AT&T 5G+ mid-band and the new Pixel Fold

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Anyone on AT&T that has their fairly new 5G + ultra-fast mid-band 5G+ service.From what I read on ATT phone needs band n77 C-band or n77 3.45 GHZ.
My area has this I have iphone 14 pro,S23 Ultra and even a cheap Moto g 5G all do great on their 5G +.

However Pixel Fold doesnt, had a Pixel 7 P two weeks ago it would not do the +.
Trying to see if anyone in the USA with a pixel phone gets ATT 5G + mid-band not talk band n260 airports, stadiums thats dif.
Forgot talked to both Google and ATT long time both blame the other and were ZERO help.

Maybe someone at AC will see this get answers, assuming others cant get 5G +.

Thanks

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Went by a local att store today. Guy was super nice and tried his idea i got a new sim card. Nope still no 5 g plus. He then says its an individual phone issue?... What ok....
Example his store two co works both have iphone 14 pro only one gets 5g plus.
We may get a good answer maybe tonite from mustang.He got his fold today lets see if has plus service like he does on his s 23 ultra.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Won't be tonight , I tried calling ATT during day at work for them change my Esim from s23u to pixel fold but the were busy so I'll try again tomorrow

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Well I am told a local ATT store manager is using pixel fold that is on 5g+.So wed hope to see him maybe he can help why no plus for me.Maybe just my phone with an issue?

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
good luck here att and android esim not good i got a real sim card
Yeah the first AT&T store we went in after getting our new pixels tried to force us into using esims, they said they didn't have any physical sims in their store because AT&T was trying to get their customers on esims... they said I had to go to the corporate store for physical sims.

Then they tried to charge me for the sims at the corporate store, until I politely told them "homey don't play that game" 😉 and suddenly they we're free... imagine that lol.

I won't switch to esims until I absolutely have no other choice :mad:

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Yeah the first AT&T store we went in after getting our new pixels tried to force us into using esims, they said they didn't have any physical sims in their store because AT&T was trying to get their customers on esims... they said I had to go to the corporate store for physical sims.

Then they tried to charge me for the sims at the corporate store, until I politely told them "homey don't play that game" and suddenly they we're free... imagine that lol.

I won't switch to esims until I absolutely have no other choice :mad:
Att Esim swaps between device and different manufacturers you will go into the store , if it's same manufacturer your swapping or same device can do online.

TMobile all I had to do is make a call and any device got swapped with Esim, unbelievable with Att

Reactions: J Dubbs

rvbfan

Jan 17, 2015
Visit site
I can swap my physical sim to whatever device I choose. I'll only use an esim while out of country. Otherwise I don't think the company's offering them are , themselves, ready for them.

Last edited:

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
Stopped by one of my local ATT stores today. A big thanks to Paul and Justin for putting up with me for a solid hour.

Anyway NO they could not get my Pixel on their 5G+ system.

They checked several things we even setup Esim. ALL no go.

However to me they both taking the time to TRY ,keeps me very happy. I will stay with Pixel fold, with hope PLUS later.
Justin had a thought he thinks that today or thur is official launch day for pixel and ATT. That me getting it last friday was maybe early for their SYSTEM?
Maybe

Still cant wait for mustang to get by a store.

Also if ANYONE on here has the new pixel fold on ATT and getting connected to 5G + please let us know.Thats midband +.

Thanks
Oh honestly before I left I asked may I return fold here if I want? Answer NO cant return a att.com purchase at a retail ATT store? ( even though shows online one can.
Still think I keep it cause at 900 dollars I can live without the much fast Plus speed.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Stopped by one of my local ATT stores today. A big thanks to Paul and Justin for putting up with me for a solid hour.

Anyway NO they could not get my Pixel on their 5G+ system.

They checked several things we even setup Esim. ALL no go.

However to me they both taking the time to TRY ,keeps me very happy. I will stay with Pixel fold, with hope PLUS later.
Justin had a thought he thinks that today or thur is official launch day for pixel and ATT. That me getting it last friday was maybe early for their SYSTEM?
Maybe

Still cant wait for mustang to get by a store.

Also if ANYONE on here has the new pixel fold on ATT and getting connected to 5G + please let us know.Thats midband +.

Thanks
Oh honestly before I left I asked may I return fold here if I want? Answer NO cant return a att.com purchase at a retail ATT store? ( even though shows online one can.
Still think I keep it cause at 900 dollars I can live without the much fast Plus speed.
I talk to another Att representative today they mentioned because they can't send a pin in a text message they can't activate the sim card probably because I redownload Esim to my s23u 24hrs ago , so either wait couple days and call back or go to a store , by time I get out of work it's 8-9pm and they are closed:(
I'll call back in a day or 2 otherwise over the weekend

Reactions: J Dubbs

trido#AC

Jun 3, 2011
Visit site
I talk to another Att representative today they mentioned because they can't send a pin in a text message they can't activate the sim card probably because I redownload Esim to my s23u 24hrs ago , so either wait couple days and call back or go to a store , by time I get out of work it's 8-9pm and they are closed:(
I'll call back in a day or 2 otherwise over the weekend
10-4 understood.

got to be one person on here with pixel on plus?

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Mustang and all, Major 5g+ update for me.
I had one last crazy idea thought I try.

I just installed Android Beta 14.

Guess what PLUS PLUS PLUS.

WOW could 14 have anything to do with it or just a coincidence.
That was a good idea
It could be Att supporting 5 + on pixels in Android 14 or testing it for future release on the pixels.
I've seen that happen on Android beta.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Abdul Ali