Good messaging app recommendation?

bokeh4me

Feb 15, 2013
Visit site
I really don?t like the idea of looking for the little messaging icon on the top of the phone each time I get a text from family and friends. Is there a good app that will display the message directly on the home screen? My old MyTouch would do this stock, and I would like to find something similar if possible.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Give Handcent a try. I have it set to pop up the message and a quick reply box when I get incoming texts.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

havanahjoe

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
I like Chomp SMS. Give them all a try and see which one you like better. Chomp will do pop up notifications and turn the screen on when locked. Chomp does have a bug right now that prevents it from sending MMS on 4.2. Not sure if the other two have the same problem, but it will display received ones just fine. Make sure the stock Messaging app is the one downloading the MMS. To send an MMS, I just have to remember to use the stock app.

starter15

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
use Glowfly. it just provides a popup notification and allows you to quick reply, dismiss or delete the incoming message. simple and effective.

Chimpware

Feb 7, 2013
Visit site
I like Chomp SMS. Give them all a try and see which one you like better. Chomp will do pop up notifications and turn the screen on when locked. Chomp does have a bug right now that prevents it from sending MMS on 4.2. Not sure if the other two have the same problem, but it will display received ones just fine. Make sure the stock Messaging app is the one downloading the MMS. To send an MMS, I just have to remember to use the stock app.

MMS works in most recent version. ChompSMS is my favorite so far.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non