Nexus 4: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

setzkor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site
Re: Net10, can send MMS but can not receive MMS

I just got success on my Nexus 4 in using:

APN: tfdata
MMSC: http://mms-tf.net
MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33 (FYI this is just the IPv4 address for mms3.tracfone.com)
MMS port: 80
APN type: default,supl,mms

All seems to be working (data, inbound and outbound mms)...of course NET10 service has been flaky to say the least, so it could stop tomorrow.

Malnoth

Feb 9, 2013
Visit site

I just got success on my Nexus 4 in using:

MMS proxy: 66.209.11.33 (FYI this is just the IPv4 address for mms3.tracfone.com)
APN type: default,supl,mms

All seems to be working (data, inbound and outbound mms)...of course NET10 service has been flaky to say the least, so it could stop tomorrow.

Still not working for me.

setzkor

Aug 19, 2011
Visit site

The other fix that is out on xda is to load the APN settings for TMobile, reboot the phone, try to use it. (I couldn't get data or anything to work on mine). Then change back to the ATT settings (the one's listed on the Net10 site work then), reboot the phone and then things seem to be working (worked for me and others). I went ahead and tried this fix as well to have the exact APN that NET10 suggests. I'm not sure if this clears some network info or what...but so far I can still send pictures.

Daede

Jun 21, 2011
Visit site

I had this problem and NOTHING worked.

I bought a new SIM kit from Dollar General, popped in the new micro-SIM, transferred my existing net10 number, and viola: I could receive MMS

This problem seems to almost be married to Android 4.1+, and is heavily addicted to the Nexus 4

tacosrdelicioso

Nov 12, 2011
Visit site

These settings fixed my issues and I send and receive just dandy. I'm on at&t net10

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362753292213.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362753292213.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 51
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362753306218.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362753306218.jpg
    62.9 KB · Views: 50
  • uploadfromtaptalk1362753320305.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362753320305.jpg
    66.8 KB · Views: 42

Doc_0213

Dec 23, 2012
Visit site

After so much looking and no help from Net10, I decided to check out other mvno's forums including solavei, straighttalk, and simple mobile. Non of the APM settings would work but guess what, I finally made it happen all thanks to this guy from solavei who had the same problem.

So here is the APN settings for NET10 and for MMS to work!! I tried it out and it worked but like always the chances of working after hours will depend and I will update this post to see if anything changes.

One last thing I first I tried out GO SMS pro and it worked, I then tried the stock messaging app and it works as well.... I TRIED THIS ON A AT&T BRANDED SAMSUNG GALAXY S3 i747 that is unlocked.

Here's the APN settings:

Name: net10
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

Now leave the other areas as they are if not listed, meaning leave them as not set

What these two websites have in common is the APN type, under straight talk, which is close to NET10.
Internet Settings / APN Settings / MMS Settings
http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...p-w-apn-settings-switching-straight-talk.html

Just try these settings above, what else is there to lose. If your like me, you've regularly visit these forums for updates. If these settings work please like or hit the thanks button. :)

I give credit to all forums I visited, which include anroidforums, androidcentral, net10 forums, xda, simple mobile, straight talk, and that guy from Solavei who mentioned the apn type listing.

fastcamaross

Apr 1, 2013
Visit site

Hi, having the same issue with my samsung gs3 for net10. I can send mms to friends but it won't download when message appears, always fails. Tried all suggestions on here, still no luck. Anyone have any tips for the s3? customer support was zero help, and said that they apparently have a disclaimer that mms messaging is not guaranteed to work, and she wouldn't give me any more help.

DroidSlicer

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

Hello to all. I spent 2 days trying to get my MMS to work, I tried every APN setting posted here and in other forums nothing worked. I finally came up with APN settings that work and happy to say I can now send and receive MMS no problem, plus Data is working. First my specs :
Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 (model 1535) Android 4.1.2
My APN settings Only put the values I have listed otherwise leave blank :

Name: Net10
APN: wap.tracfone
proxy:
port:
MMSC: http://mms.tracfone.com
MMS PROXY: 216.155.165.40
MMS PORT: 8080

I spent a lot of time on this.
Will post a youtube video soon.

Lee Tonkin

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

I have my galaxy s3 from AT&T. ..I set my Facebook as my default messenger and I can now receive pics. Kind of dumb cuz now I get 2 text messages, one in my regular text and another in fb. But simply go to fb messenger and click setting and make it default for mms text.

Lee Tonkin

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

If you set your Facebook as your default text server you will get pic text in both your fb and regular text box. I had to do it with my galaxy s3

DroidSlicer

Apr 22, 2013
Visit site

DroidSlicer, is your Net10 sim card on the T-Mobile network?
No it is on the net10 network unlimited plan.
The phone was originally on Verizon (Verizon Samsung Galaxy S3 model 1535) I switched over to Net10 and loving it.

ilenewm

Apr 23, 2013
Visit site

When I had the Net10 sim card that was on the AT&T I didn't have a problem sending MMS, but I switched to a Net10 sim card that's on the T-Mobile network because they don't suspend your service if you go over 1.5Gb of data like AT&T does. So now I'm not able to send or receive MMS. Net10 customer service isn't much help. They tried to tell me that the problem is my LG Google Nexus 4 phone, but I know it's not. I've tried several different APNs, with no success. So I'll keep looking for a solution, or go to the old sim card.

samijod0408

Apr 25, 2013
Visit site

i bought an unlocked phone (samsung galaxy duos). i already had net10 and was using the merit. i put my sim into the galaxy and was able to send and recieve calls and texts. i wasnt able to get data or pics. i messed with the apn settings a little and then was able to get data and recieve mms. but now i cant send mms. CS of net10 was no help at all and i haven't been able to find the answer anywhere else. i have tried almost all the settings out there but nothing seems to work. this is what i have now:
name- net10, apn- att.mvno, port- 8080, mmsc- http://mms-tf.net, mms proxy- mms3.tracfone.com, mms port- 80, mcc-310, mnc-410, authentication type- PAP, apn type- default, supl, mms

Homes123

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

The Galaxy S3 with at&t will send MMS and receive MMS if you download the free app of:
Handcent SMS. It's a better MMS text software than the original messaging and everything starts working perfectly.

Use the following settings also, but the above is the real fix.

Name: net10
MMS Proxy: mms3.tracfone.com
MCC: 310
MNC: 410
APN type: default,admin,fota,mms,supl,hipri

Mark Stafford

Apr 26, 2013
Visit site

i have an htc inspire that i am using net10 with. service was fine until a month or so ago then i began having problems connecting to internet. downloading from google play store. i switched my mmsc settings to what setzkor suggested and am able to download now.. http://mms-tf.net.. customer service at net10 is horrible and wanted me to call htc to fix their issue.. anyway this setting allowed me to download so thanks alot. if it stops working ill post again..

my htc is an att phone and here are the settings i am using now: name net 10 , apn: att.mvno , proxy: proxy.mvno.tracfone.com , port: 80 , mmsc: http://mms-tf.net , mms proxy: 66.209.11.33, apn type: default,mms,supl

YouFeelLikeALie

Apr 29, 2013
Visit site

I have an unlocked samsung galaxy s3 mini and I just put it on the at&t sim card on the Net10 network. So far everything works but I can't get picture texts. I can send them but not receive. I tried everyone's suggestions for changing the APN but so far nothing has worked. I even downloaded Handcent, but even with Handcent I can't get the picture messages.

I see people suggest using Facebook as your text server, if you do this does it use data in order to send texts?

annamvaughn77

May 1, 2013
Visit site

So I have an LG Thrill From att. It is unlocked and I am also using net10 on att network. Internet works fine, can send picture messages, but cannot receive.. also, I cannot view %95 of the pics on websites. This is strange to me and after reading all these posts, Idk what to do. Also, for the first week , i was unable to use the google play store. But i logged out og google and relogged in and now i am able to dload and update my apps.. so, If y'all have ANY suggestions, please lemme know. Please email me annamvaughn77@gmail.com, as I'm having problems using this site on my phone and don't use a computer. Thanks for any help.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
max mays