How big will the next nexus be?

tanson1011

Feb 5, 2012
Visit site
After all the announcements it seems like the phones are getting bigger. Just have to wait to see the s4, but its rumored to be 4.99 inches.

I hope the next nexus device wont get any bigger then the n4. In fact I really liked the galaxy nexus size. But the international s2 was my favorite form factor

Whats your favorite size and what size do you think the next nexus will be?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

RyoSaeba

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
It can't get any bigger. Our hands are only so big on average. I've never seen a person able to use a note 2 one handed. This is pretty much the max size that you can still use one hand for most adults. Though I guess they could make it taller but that would screw up the aspect ratio.

greydarrah

May 5, 2010
Visit site
I'm happy with the current size, but would likely buy any size of nexus phone that comes out. Your guess is as good as anyone else's in regards to the future. We'll know in November.

ysbg

Aug 28, 2012
Visit site
It can't get any bigger. Our hands are only so big on average. I've never seen a person able to use a note 2 one handed. This is pretty much the max size that you can still use one hand for most adults. Though I guess they could make it taller but that would screw up the aspect ratio.

But well there's some wiggle room between the Nexus 4 and the Note 2. I really thought Nexus 4 would feel huge coming from a 3.7'' screen, but in the end it is great and I love it. So I think there's a possibility that 5'' be okay in terms of form factor. But well, different strokes for different folks, that's what android is about!

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
Hopefully no bigger than it is right now. IMO phablets look ridiculous when you see someone with it up to their ear.

Last edited:

bulletmark

Nov 8, 2011
Visit site
I think the success of the Galaxy Note/2 shows people want bigger screens. I think most flagship phones will be at least 5" from now on.

sentinelred

Dec 11, 2011
Visit site
When I saw the thread question at the bottom of the page, I thought it was asking how poplular the next Nexus would be, not necessarily how large. I think if they continue with the same objective of creating a high quality build, the popularity will skyrocket. But about the size? Probably, and hopefully, no bigger than 4 inches. My Galaxy Nexus is, in my opinion at least, the perfect size for a phone.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd go as high as 5.0 (not a .1 more!) but hope it doesn't get there.
I like 4.7/4.8.

Aquila

Retired Moderator
Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
I think 4.7-5.0 are all good guesses, but it's hard to tell. If it's LG again, count on 5.0. Hard to guess who the next OEM partner will be, but as soon as we know that and which base model they're using, easier to nail this down. A DNA 5.0 inches is barely bigger than my Galaxy Nexus at 4.65, it's slightly longer, but mostly it's bezel control.

boparunsxc

Jul 3, 2012
Visit site
I'm putting my money on 4.7"-5.0"
I was just thinking the other day about we wanted our phones to be as small as possible (think of the Pantech C300). Then we wanted them bigger and bigger. Now we think they're getting too big. Will we ever find a middle-ground?

I Can Be Your Hero

Aug 14, 2012
Visit site
I'd like them to make a 4.5" screen.

While I like the Nexus 4, the 4.7" screen is a little uncomfortable for one hand use.

And it's not like I have small hands. Thumb to pinky tip spans 10".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
I hope they keep it below five inches. I'm not a fan of those huge phones coming out lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

PaulMilander

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm 6'5" and have large hands, the N4 is a good size for me but a tad bigger would be fine with me

gavo360

Feb 4, 2013
Visit site
Coming from iPhone 4s to n4 the n4 felt big for 10 minutes then it felt perfect. They could easily go to 4.8 without making any changes to the physical size of the phone because the bezel isn't the smallest around. Its amazing how quick you get used to a bigger screen. Whenever I use a iPhone it feels so small.

dwaynewilliams#WN

Feb 17, 2010
Visit site
I used to own the Note 2 and I thought the size was perfect. But now that I have the iPhone 5, I would much prefer that size. Of course the bigger screen is better for watching videos, reading books, and viewing web pages, but the smaller size makes it easier for one handed use. One of the frustrations that I had with the Note 2 was that I couldn't dial phone numbers comfortable with one hand. I would choose the 4 inches over the 5.5 inches any day. I think the Nexus line would be sweet at 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site
I wouldn't mind having 5 inches or even 5 and a 1/2 inches, but beyond that isn't necessarily "ridiculous", just the consumer demand would be less for phones that big.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexpall