Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    56 Global Posts
    ROM
    vanilla...mmmmm

Default How big will the next nexus be?

After all the announcements it seems like the phones are getting bigger. Just have to wait to see the s4, but its rumored to be 4.99 inches.

I hope the next nexus device wont get any bigger then the n4. In fact I really liked the galaxy nexus size. But the international s2 was my favorite form factor

Whats your favorite size and what size do you think the next nexus will be?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Default Re: How big will the next nexus be?

nexus devices are not going beyond 4.6-4.8 form factor. I think google will stick with this for now.

Global Posts
    64 Global Posts

Nexus 4 is the biggest I'd go. I was worried this would be too big, actually, but it's a really nice size.

Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

It can't get any bigger. Our hands are only so big on average. I've never seen a person able to use a note 2 one handed. This is pretty much the max size that you can still use one hand for most adults. Though I guess they could make it taller but that would screw up the aspect ratio.

I'm happy with the current size, but would likely buy any size of nexus phone that comes out. Your guess is as good as anyone else's in regards to the future. We'll know in November.
    Semper Fi
    I love my LG Nexus 5!
    Take better pictures with your cell phone camera...http://www.bigshotmoms.com/
    big_time2 likes this.

I can confirm that the next Nexus phone will be somewhere between 3.2 and 6.0 Inches.
    Thanked by:
    big_time2 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by turbocomppro View Post
    It can't get any bigger. Our hands are only so big on average. I've never seen a person able to use a note 2 one handed. This is pretty much the max size that you can still use one hand for most adults. Though I guess they could make it taller but that would screw up the aspect ratio.
    But well there's some wiggle room between the Nexus 4 and the Note 2. I really thought Nexus 4 would feel huge coming from a 3.7'' screen, but in the end it is great and I love it. So I think there's a possibility that 5'' be okay in terms of form factor. But well, different strokes for different folks, that's what android is about!

Global Posts
    1,776 Global Posts
    ROM
    Android 4.4.2

Hopefully no bigger than it is right now. IMO phablets look ridiculous when you see someone with it up to their ear.
    Last edited by Greg C; 03-02-2013 at 04:41 PM. Reason: corrected spelling
    If my post helped you out...PLEASE be kind and hit the THANKS button.
    big_time2 likes this.

I think the success of the Galaxy Note/2 shows people want bigger screens. I think most flagship phones will be at least 5" from now on.
    pontiac005 likes this.

When I saw the thread question at the bottom of the page, I thought it was asking how poplular the next Nexus would be, not necessarily how large. I think if they continue with the same objective of creating a high quality build, the popularity will skyrocket. But about the size? Probably, and hopefully, no bigger than 4 inches. My Galaxy Nexus is, in my opinion at least, the perfect size for a phone.

I'd go as high as 5.0 (not a .1 more!) but hope it doesn't get there.
    I like 4.7/4.8.

Global Posts
    7,076 Global Posts
    ROM
    Assassin 'Droid

I think 4.7-5.0 are all good guesses, but it's hard to tell. If it's LG again, count on 5.0. Hard to guess who the next OEM partner will be, but as soon as we know that and which base model they're using, easier to nail this down. A DNA 5.0 inches is barely bigger than my Galaxy Nexus at 4.65, it's slightly longer, but mostly it's bezel control.

I'm putting my money on 4.7"-5.0"
    I was just thinking the other day about we wanted our phones to be as small as possible (think of the Pantech C300). Then we wanted them bigger and bigger. Now we think they're getting too big. Will we ever find a middle-ground?

I'd like them to make a 4.5" screen.

While I like the Nexus 4, the 4.7" screen is a little uncomfortable for one hand use.

And it's not like I have small hands. Thumb to pinky tip spans 10".

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2
    Banned

Global Posts
    4,377 Global Posts

I hope they keep it below five inches. I'm not a fan of those huge phones coming out lately.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

I'm 6'5" and have large hands, the N4 is a good size for me but a tad bigger would be fine with me

Fingers crossed that Google sticks with 4.7 inches

Coming from iPhone 4s to n4 the n4 felt big for 10 minutes then it felt perfect. They could easily go to 4.8 without making any changes to the physical size of the phone because the bezel isn't the smallest around. Its amazing how quick you get used to a bigger screen. Whenever I use a iPhone it feels so small.

I used to own the Note 2 and I thought the size was perfect. But now that I have the iPhone 5, I would much prefer that size. Of course the bigger screen is better for watching videos, reading books, and viewing web pages, but the smaller size makes it easier for one handed use. One of the frustrations that I had with the Note 2 was that I couldn't dial phone numbers comfortable with one hand. I would choose the 4 inches over the 5.5 inches any day. I think the Nexus line would be sweet at 4 inches.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.

Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    ROM
    Paranoid Android 3.6 HALO

I wouldn't mind having 5 inches or even 5 and a 1/2 inches, but beyond that isn't necessarily "ridiculous", just the consumer demand would be less for phones that big.
    Darth Spock likes this.

Using the Currents app, tapping the button in the upper left hand corner to get back to your list is tough one-handed.

I don't want the next one to be any bigger. Of course, I'll still buy it, lol

Absolutely! I don't want the phones to get any bigger. 4.7 is as much as my hands can take.

Funny about 10 years ago phone manufacturers where trying to get them as small as possible.

I can easily see Google and their next Nexus partner opting for a 5 inch screen. As said earlier, it's just the way the industry is going now.

Sent from my Sony Ericsson Xperia Ray
    Darth Spock likes this.

I don't expect it to be any bigger. Depending on design the sweet spot for any device seems to be between 4-5 inches. Larger devices, i.e. the Note II, are a different breed of device for a different type of customer base.

-- Galaxy S3- 4.8" device, 30+ (50?) million sold
    -- Note II, 5.5" device, 5-10 million sold

Wouldn't expect the next Nexus under 4.6" and not over 4.8"
    swebb likes this.

There was an article on the Verge website that talked about Android needing a powerful device in a smaller form factor like the iPhone. I agree with this. I also think there needs to be a higher end Android device with a slide out keyboard.

Sent from my iPhone 5 using Tapatalk
    If I were never here, you would never know.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast