would you buy a 5 inch Nexus 5?

would you buy a 5 inch nexus 5?

• Total voters

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
It depends. If they can squeeze 5 inches into relatively the same form factor, make it thinner and lighter maybe, etc..then sure why not. If not, then no I don't think so. And I'm a guy with big hands, the Note II doesn't feel huge to me. But personally, 4.7 is the sweet spot.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
As prior poster said, if the manufacturer can take a page from Samsung's book and cram a bigger display into a smaller chassis, I'm on board. I'd still use a 5" device regardless, but there's nearly room in the current chassis to expand the display to that size (roughly speaking).

Tall Mike 2145

Feb 8, 2013
Visit site
Nope, I wouldn't buy a 5 inch phone. I wouldn't even take one for free.

4.7 inches is really about the cutoff for me in terms of upper screen size. Anything above that is just too big for a phone. Conversely, anything less than 7 inches is too small for a tablet for me. And, that assumes I would buy a tablet. I really just don't have a need for one at this point in my life.

DeadpoolJunior

Nov 27, 2012
Visit site
Nope, I wouldn't buy a 5 inch phone. I wouldn't even take one for free.

4.7 inches is really about the cutoff for me in terms of upper screen size. Anything above that is just too big for a phone. Conversely, anything less than 7 inches is too small for a tablet for me. And, that assumes I would buy a tablet. I really just don't have a need for one at this point in my life.

For the sake of flights, bus/train rides, etc..I could see myself buying a Nexus 7 and putting a bunch of movies on it. Other than that, I wouldn't get a tablet either.

nancybout

Sep 5, 2012
Visit site
5 inches top 5.5 is my favorite phone sizes especially when I play games watch stuff on it and read on it.
Ib don't need to bring my Kindle out now. Awesome. ..except for summer lol

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Android Central Forums

BlueTimber

Mar 21, 2013
Visit site
A 5 inch screen would provide...4.7 inches or so of actual screen real estate when you factor in the softkeys, so yea, I'd definitely take a 5 inch screened Nexus.

I would even be fine with it being a little thicker if it meant a bigger battery.

runtmms

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm ambivalent about whether it's a little thinner or not. My biggest concern is width. Anything much wider than the Nexus 4 isn't going to be nearly as comfortable for me to hold. So, for me, it really comes down to how small a footprint they can fit the larger screen in.

Sent from my Nexus 4 on Solavei

phonejunky

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
The nexus brand hasn't disappointed me yet so Yea. I've had a note before and it was fun just a little to thick. Now everything is so thin I might now.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
I'd get a 5inch N5 but the N6 better not get even a fraction of an inch bigger!

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty