Help!!!! New Nexus 4 suddenly won't recognize ANY Sim card!!!

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I just had the same issue this morning. All I had to do to fix it was take out the SIM card and clean it with a pencil eraser. All fixed now.

Different issue. With me, the sims worked fine in other phones, but would not work in my Nexus. But will keep your trick in mind in the future.

Posted via Android Central App

gone down south

Jul 24, 2012
Visit site
I have prepaid service and the Nexus 4 would not recognize my sim. Called google customer service and 12 calls later and hours of troubleshooting the phone did not work. Long story short this phone even though it's advertised as "unlocked" it's only unlocked to ATT & Tmobile service only (****FALSE MARKETING****). It works perfectly with a friends sim card with Tmobile service. This tells me that the phone works great, but only with specific service. SHAME ON YOU GOOGLE:mad::mad:

What carrier's Sim did you try using?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I have prepaid service and the Nexus 4 would not recognize my sim. Called google customer service and 12 calls later and hours of troubleshooting the phone did not work. Long story short this phone even though it's advertised as "unlocked" it's only unlocked to ATT & Tmobile service only (****FALSE MARKETING****). It works perfectly with a friends sim card with Tmobile service. This tells me that the phone works great, but only with specific service. SHAME ON YOU GOOGLE:mad::mad:

Not true. My Nexus 4 connected to both Black Wireless and Straight Talk just fine.....at first. In the end, it would connect but was throttled for some reason. First few days of hspa+ were smoking fast. But then out of the blue I could not go past 0.24mbps.

I think att was causing the problem.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Ashok Kasilingam

Aug 19, 2013
Visit site
hey,I have the exact issue..no service..when i contatced the google support ,they claim that it is something to do with carrier and not the phone..can u pls tell me the no to which u called?

zrxoa1

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I called the Google support number that is shown on your order confirmation 1 855 83 NEXUS

Good luck!

Posted via Android Central App

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
I am having similar problems. Tried several SIMs but most can't connect and others intermittent. I have read about people using paper & tape to get to work. The SIM cut seems critical. See here for others with same problem https://www.google.com/search?q=nex...m.xda-developers.com&rlz=1C1LENN_enUS489US497

I bought the phone to use in US & Europe on upcoming trip and I can't get the Euro SIM to work in the Nexus but ALL the SIMS work in a cheapie $27 Blu dual SIM phone!!

I'll continue to try to get the Euro SIM (Toggle) to work in the N4 (I have ordered another) but if I can't it goes back to Google. Really disappointing since I have a N7 I am happy with. It had issues but none a show stopper like this IMO.

lmvine

Aug 22, 2012
Visit site
The new Euro SIM arrived & it works fine but N4 is sensitive to SIM cut. Guess I won't send it back. Dual SIM makes life easier.

smith jackson

Jan 7, 2014
Visit site
i was also facing the same problem . After performing several experiments like resetting phone , change the sim card etc . I finally came to know that sim card metal comes in contact with sim tray ( which is also a metal ) consequently sim card was getting sorted . So solution is to apply some tape or any thing which prevent sim card & sim tray from coming in contact .

Hope it will work for you .

Good luck
Cheers :D:D

hammad4z

Mar 7, 2014
Visit site
Did it again, twice. This last time I could never get it back to working.

Google is sending a new Nexus to me. Hope this next one does better!

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Where did you complain because i am facing the same issue. Kindly send me the link

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non