first things to do when receiving nexus 4?

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
I'm finally going to pull the trigger on the 8GB version of the nexus 4. What are the first things you guys suggest me to buy/download/do? It will be for T-Mobile. So far I'm already going to do the following.
1) buy rearth slim case
2) buy screen protector
3) get data and mini SIM card

what else should i do? keep in mind, this will be my first android device and i have NO experience at all with ROMs/Rooting. Thanks guys.

Lanhoj

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Enjoy the freedom that comes with Android & especially with a Nexus device

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Looks like you are interested in rooting/custom roms even though it is your first device. So you might want to read about that sort of stuff. Also visit my best apps thread :)

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Looks like you are interested in rooting/custom roms even though it is your first device. So you might want to read about that sort of stuff. Also visit my best apps thread :)

I honestly have no idea what rooting is but i heard that's one of the reasons android is used. Is it like jailbreaking, where you can get free apps?

Rizy7

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
I honestly have no idea what rooting is but i heard that's one of the reasons android is used. Is it like jailbreaking, where you can get free apps?

Yes rooting is like jailbreaking and to put it as simply as possible, its like getting administrator permissions on a pc. You get control over everything. Rooting itself doesnt really change anything but its what you do after that makes a difference, such as custom kernels, custom roms, some apps need root as well to function.

I have a fosmon tpu all black case and I have some atFloix screen protectors

Michael Mai

Mar 23, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the suggestions guys. just made the order and i'm excited to get the phone.. this phone is an update to the Blackberry bold 9000 lol.... it's been almost 5-6 years since i've upgraded, can'nt wait to see what this thing can do