Google Voice notifications

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
I had to uninstall and re-install my GV app. Now whenever someone texts me I don't hear a sound. I went in Settings and made sure that its set up for a ringtone, but still nothing.....

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

friedtators

May 27, 2013
Visit site
do you think that in its self would have something to do with it? i am pretty tired..... is there not a separate volume in stock message that coul be muted and having an effect on gv. good luck

valpd

Nov 4, 2012
Visit site
do you think that in its self would have something to do with it? i am pretty tired..... is there not a separate volume in stock message that coul be muted and having an effect on gv. good luck
It worked before I uninstalled it.

Jaysus

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
But it worked before without adding anything.

As part of the trouble shooting process it may be worth trying a 3rd party app to handle the notifications to see how they respond.

You could always do a factory data reset, and start from scratch.

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Or try reinstalling again. I recommend going in and deleting cache and data, force stopping, uninstalling, rebooting phone, and then a clean install right after boot up.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
I had to uninstall and re-install my GV app. Now whenever someone texts me I don't hear a sound. I went in Settings and made sure that its set up for a ringtone, but still nothing.....

Do you get a notification icon at least? If you aren't even getting notified, check that when you go to Settings > Sync and Notifications, that your setup looks like the picture I've attached.
3yvy8eze.jpg

Jeff Post

May 10, 2014
Visit site
A HA! I had this same problem. I did not notice the "Receive text messages via the messaging app" changed that to "Receive text messages via the Google Voice app" and all is well! thanks