Nexus 4 ROM and root and how to???????????????

roberto1811

Jul 20, 2013
Visit site
Ok so im new to android i mean iv had android phone and ios phones because i sell sooo now im into the nexus 4 and i ordered it :D and as i was looking i found about roms and rooting :) iv heard of rooting nut i dont know how to and for roms im clueless :confused: so i was wondering if anyone out there could help a brother out ? and to get the rom do i need to root first or is that different ?? and also i saw a rom with the PIE controls of anyone knows a specifics ?? and im switching from windows os :'( so ya you might know how bad that is there but im loving android as i look more into it ssooo ppllleeaaasseee anyone help ?? anything will help any how to's or info to start me off ????:-X

Last edited by a moderator:

pontiac005

Trusted Member
Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
Re: Nexus 4 rom and root and how to???????????????

Please go to the Nexus 4 rooting, Roms and hacks section. You will see a permanent guide at the top telling you everything you need to know.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

digitalslacker

Jul 6, 2010
Visit site

Ok so im new to android i mean iv had android phone and ios phones because i sell sooo now im into the nexus 4 and i ordered it :D and as i was looking i found about roms and rooting :) iv heard of rooting nut i dont know how to and for roms im clueless :confused: so i was wondering if anyone out there could help a brother out ? and to get the rom do i need to root first or is that different ?? and also i saw a rom with the PIE controls of anyone knows a specifics ?? and im switching from windows os :'( so ya you might know how bad that is there but im loving android as i look more into it ssooo ppllleeaaasseee anyone help ?? anything will help any how to's or info to start me off ????:-X

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/224861-guide-nexus-4-unlock-root.html

best place to start and you'll find more answers in this sub forum

http://forums.androidcentral.com/nexus-4-rooting-roms-hacks/

good luck

devchaube15

Feb 21, 2013
Visit site

As mentioned above those are two great places to start reading about rooting. Yes, I did say, reading. First to root, you should have a reason, it could be that you need better battery life or you want more control over it. You should read and read and read until you're blue in the face about everything you can that pertains to rooting before actually rooting so that way when you have a problem, heaven forbid you do, you will recall something you read somewhere and find a quick answer to your question and get you on your way to a rooted device. Also read about Clockworkmod recovery and TWRP recovery (the two most common ones), how they work, which one you like better, read about Titanium Backups, NANdroid backups, and all the different kinds of backups, learn what a kernel is, how the wrong one could affect you, learn how to find the correct ROM for your device or else you might risk bricking it. 2defmouzes guide is a great one, and check out his other thread here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...22-pimp-your-rom-share-your-custom-setup.html and see what you can do with root, what kinds of apps are great to use with it, if you like Paranoid Android check out my full review of it here http://forums.androidcentral.com/ne...d-android-3-6-halo-gamerz-edition-review.html, check out my YouTube channel for a lesson on what an .apk file is, how to install it onto your phone, and some cool new camera tricks, wallpapers, and more. You can also check out the xda-developers forums for the Nexus 4 and you will find some great ROM's to use, and they have nightlies which are builds of ROM's that are added each night or so and you can usually find a fix for an issue rather quickly. Google Nexus 4 - xda-developers (Nexus 4 XDA-DEVELOPERS Forum) If you have any other questions just shoot a post and someone will always help if they can, on Android Central or XDA!

Dev Chaube
Founder
Business at 17
Thoughts of a 17 year old entrepreneur | A 17 year old who is in love with business