Nexus 4 shuts off When the screen locks.?!!

jayala319

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
A few things are new... I did a factory reset the day 4.3 was announced and got my update last night. I didnt use the N4 much after the update, I turned off the phone, connect to the charger, and i went to sleep. The other thing is I bought a Chromecast and been using the N4 and my N7 as the controlling devices. This does not happen in my N7 but still has 4.2.2. Anyways the N4 shut downs when the screen locks.

If someone else has similar issues or someone knows what the problem please comment. Thanks in advance

Last edited:

dtg755

Mar 23, 2010
Visit site
This has also happened to me four times since updating to 4.3. I was thinking of doing a factory reset but I don't want to lose everything and seeing as you freshly installed the update and still have the problem I guess I'll hold off.

Posted via Android Central App

sjsmr2

Apr 13, 2012
Visit site
This is an issue with the latest Netflix build that came out on July 22. I am sure you tested your chromecast out with it. When ever Netflix is opened and the phone goes to sleep (like it would using chromecast) it will not wake up without being reset. There is a thread on XDA on this and Netflix is said to be working on an update to correct the problem.

rupam95

Nov 12, 2012
Visit site
Happened to me about 5 times since I updated to 4.3. Good to know someone is working on a fix.

jayala319

Feb 8, 2012
Visit site
Yeah. It is Netflix. Thank you guys for your comments. I was already blaming my brand new chromecast. Good to know there is a solution in the way.

keld

Jul 28, 2010
Visit site
It's not just Netflix, it's everything, music, youtube, turn off your screen then you're screwed so it's a problem with nexus 4.3, 4.2 works fine

Dorknight

Jan 31, 2013
Visit site
Wow okay. I've had this happen numerous times since 4.3. I'll uninstall Netflix and see if I no longer get this Black Screen of Death. Thanks