My android tablet screen locks up when talkback is on

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I am new to Android after migrating over from iOS and iPads, I have a Neocore E2 tablet with Android 10 installed. A problem has occured on two occasions where the screen locks up or gets extremely sluggish with a very faint chatter sound coming from the speakers. All this started on the first occasion once I opened one of those animated with sound Christmas cards.
After what seemed hours of tinkering I found that by disabling the talk back facility all returned to normal, it has now occured again but this time it seems to have happened after I clumsily fumbled with the volume switch. I am at a loss with all this can someone help please
Regards
Brian

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! First, be aware that your tablet is from a fairly obscure manufacturer, so there may be more chance of hardware or firmware glitches. It certainly isn't equivalent to an iPad in terms of hardware specs, so don't be surprised if it doesn't perform like your iPads did. If you want a more comparable experience, you should consider one of the higher end Samsung tablets, or possibly Lenovo.

Do you actually use TalkBack? If not, then see if you can disable it by going to Settings>Apps, tapping Menu>Show System, then looking for TalkBack. If you see it, select it and see if there's a Disable button. This should work for older devices, but I'm not sure if it was still possible in Android 10.

Please register on this forum, which will allow you to engage in discussion more easily, as well as post images. https://forums.androidcentral.com/ask-question/409154-join-android-central-community.html

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Make sure in setting>accessibility>talk back >you don't have Volume button enable as short cut to talk back ?
91001213571dd621b9c3d7e2080595c3.jpg

Sent from my SM-F721U1 using Tapatalk