Special Edition Kit Kat's.

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find the specially marked Kit Kat's at their local store? Can't find them in KC.

Posted via Android Central App

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
The first pics I saw looked like they were UK KitKats, so maybe we have to wait a little longer here.

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I found them at Publix in Florida. The specially marked ones are regular size only it seems. the King size did not have the android kit kat graphics on them. But I bought 2 of the regular size and I won a $5 Google Play credit on both!

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I know, right? I figured maybe I'd get a google play credit if I bought one every once in a while. I didn't expect to win on the first 2 I got. The wrapper did say that they are giving away 100,000 $5 credits and 1,000 Nexus 7s, so the chances are pretty good you might win something. Sort of reminds me of when soda companies ran contests in the 90s. I used to buy a Surge or Mountain Dew after school from the grocery store and it seemed like I won a free 20oz soda at least once a week.

MongoosePanda

Jul 25, 2013
Visit site
I know, right? I figured maybe I'd get a google play credit if I bought one every once in a while. I didn't expect to win on the first 2 I got. The wrapper did say that they are giving away 100,000 $5 credits and 1,000 Nexus 7s, so the chances are pretty good you might win something. Sort of reminds me of when soda companies ran contests in the 90s. I used to buy a Surge or Mountain Dew after school from the grocery store and it seemed like I won a free 20oz soda at least once a week.

I loved those contests where you won a free soda. Although it wasn't really free cause of California's CRV. Hopefully I'll find some kit Kat's in my 7-11 I go to normally :)

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

Unicorn Rancher

Jul 12, 2012
Visit site
Has anyone been able to find the specially marked Kit Kat's at their local store? Can't find them in KC.
I haven't see them in Houston either. I looked every time I was in Walmart or the grocery store checkout line since the announcement. I look in the vending machines at work when I walk past one. I even visited a stop-n-rob but no joy. :(

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Finally found them! And they were only in one aisle of the check out lanes. I think the stores just have to go through all of their "old" inventory.

But I'm really frustrated entering the codes. I guess only one entry per day? So I tried to enter today and it keeps telling me I've already played today. And its been well over 24 hours...

Karrott9

Dec 6, 2012
Visit site
Yes! I found them at Publix in Florida. The specially marked ones are regular size only it seems. the King size did not have the android kit kat graphics on them. But I bought 2 of the regular size and I won a $5 Google Play credit on both!

Do you have to wait 24 hours to enter another code? I tried entering two codes back to back but couldn't. Tried throughout the whole day and even tried 24 hours after the first code was accepted and it still said I had already played today...

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Haven't found any in the Raleigh/Durham/Cary NC area yet.....Anyone around here find them?

I still think we are getting trolled unless I actually find one myself. I still think Key Lime Pie is coming in October. lol

fernandezhjr

Mar 26, 2011
Visit site
Just won $5 Playstore credit a bit ago. I have another one, but I haven't opened it yet. Bought in Baytown, TX.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 4

MalachyNG

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
Do you have to wait 24 hours to enter another code? I tried entering two codes back to back but couldn't. Tried throughout the whole day and even tried 24 hours after the first code was accepted and it still said I had already played today...

Actually, you're correct. I didn't win on both. I gave the other kitkat to my wife and she had won as well. I tried loading 2 up the other day and got the same "you already played today" on the second one.

sibeans

Jul 7, 2013
Visit site

Seems like its to case since the promo runs through the year...so much for the planned kitkat binge, haha.

Posted from my "CrackDroid" Nexus 4 via the Android Central App

Fairclough

Nov 2, 2012
Visit site
Maybe when Android gets to the T's, they'll name that Android version "Tim Tam." Love those cookies, but hard to find in the US!
I just realized the alphabetical order, Good spotting! Just been looking online, god they are pricey in the US, $6 + shipping for a $2-3 packet.. ouch. Craving Australia has good prices similar to RRP except the shipping is a bit unworth it.

eric3316

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
Just found them in Apex, NC.

Bought 4 of them. Opened one of them up so far and won a $5 credit. Seems like they are giving a lot of credits away with the first batches.