- 2 Posts
Rooted Phone - OTA vs Manual Update Question!!
So I have a rooted phone, running everything stock (no ROM) with Franco Kernel running. I want to update to 4.3 and I heard manual updates are the only way to do it since OTA removes root. I basically want to find a way to install the update without having to back everything up. I've spent the last two days trying to find a good way to create a Nandroid backup and store it on my computer or the cloud but nothing seems to work. So is there a way for me to get the update without having to erase everything on my phone? Maybe installing a ROM that has the update built into it? Thanks in advance!
- 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM #2
Re: Rooted Phone - OTA vs Manual Update Question!!
When flashing ROMs you should really do a clean install (wipe data, cache, and dalvik). WHy not back everything up using TB or MyBackup Pro?"The worst foe lies within the self....."
Get yourself some storage with Dropbox: http://db.tt/hWGiTCa
- 09-27-2013, 02:23 PM #3
- 09-27-2013, 02:58 PM #4Nokia Lumia 925: T-Mo Branded Windows Phone 8 Amber
LG Nexus 4: Ubuntu Touch Pre-release Ubuntu-System Beta
Asus Nexus 7: Pure Google Jelly Bean 4.3
Samsung Galaxy Nexus: Open webOS Alpha 2
- By mangurian in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1Replies: 13Last Post: 10-09-2013, 12:09 PM
- By datafiend in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 3Last Post: 09-27-2013, 07:50 PM
- By Ductman1 in forum Moto XReplies: 6Last Post: 09-27-2013, 05:17 PM
- By habiux in forum HTC OneReplies: 2Last Post: 09-27-2013, 01:50 PM
- By LosingMyMind in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 12Last Post: 09-27-2013, 01:42 PM