Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By PlusJack
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default CM11 - Very fast battery drain.

For a while on CyanogenMod 11 I've been getting 20% of my battery gone in an hour of moderate use. Twitter and music, mainly. Most of the stuff seems to be system related.

Any idea on how to improve my battery life?
    Abhijit Munje likes this.

Global Posts
    198 Global Posts

Default Re: CM11 - Very fast battery drain.

Quote Originally Posted by PlusJack View Post
    For a while on CyanogenMod 11 I've been getting 20% of my battery gone in an hour of moderate use. Twitter and music, mainly. Most of the stuff seems to be system related.

Ouch!!! Thats hard battery drain. As its custom ROM, its probably well overclocked, thus your battery drain...
    Current Devices : Motorola G 16GB
    Past devices :Sony Xperia SP C5303 LTE,S3 GT-I9305,S4 mini GT-I9195, N7100,HTC One (M7),Galaxy S3, HTC One S, HTC One X (S720e), Nexus Prime - HTC Pyramid - Nexus S - Samsung Galaxy S II - HTC Desire S - HTC Desire HD - HTC Desire Z - HTC HD2 - HTC Topaz - HTC Touch HD - HTC Touch Pro - HTC Diamond.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Quote Originally Posted by aspot72 View Post
    Ouch!!! Thats hard battery drain. As its custom ROM, its probably well overclocked, thus your battery drain...
    I don't think it is. Lots of people use CM without issue.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

It seems that I get 10% battery gone/hour while my phone is idle. Battery widget reborn says 1% gone every six minutes.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using AC Forums mobile app

I'm having the same exact problem with my phone since it updated from CM 10.2 to 11. From what I can tell it seems to be constantly awake, but I can't figure out whether it's the OS or an errant app.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Quote Originally Posted by micgerwal View Post
    I'm having the same exact problem with my phone since it updated from CM 10.2 to 11. From what I can tell it seems to be constantly awake, but I can't figure out whether it's the OS or an errant app.
    Okay, it seems like the app Greenify helps a bit but doesn't completely solve the problem. Try that and let me know what you think.

7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

It also seems to be less prominent in cm-11-20140114

Okay, it seems like the app Greenify helps a bit but doesn't completely solve the problem. Try that and let me know what you think.

I tried Greenify with some success and I changed the CPU governor to battery saver, but I'm still wayyyy behind where I was with CM 10.2. Hopefully they'll fix the problem soon as I'm pretty sure the OS is the cause.

I was recently using CM 11 on my nexus 5 and was getting just over half of my normal battery... If you just have CM I would suggest Franco Kernel to give a little extra juice or otherwise, flash the stock ROM and install Xposed Framework.

Posted via Android Central App
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #10  

It's still happening. Anyone have a fix or suggestions?

I just got CyanogenMod 11 yesterday and its amazing. My battery is the same as it was on stock kitkat. I think it has improved a little.

If I were you I would do a fresh install of CyanogenMod 11.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Global Posts
    6,746 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

I would suggest a clean install (wipe/factory reset) CM and Gapps and see if that helps. That seems like an awful amount of drain and others seems to be having better results. If possible please post a screen shot of the battery usage stats.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Ok my battery is draining too now. It was fine until now. 😢

14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #14  

I wiped the phone, clean install, got Greenify and Franco Kernel, and it's still terrible. Android OS, Google Services, and Android System are top battery consumers.

Thanked by:

I wiped the phone, clean install, got Greenify and Franco Kernel, and it's still terrible. Android OS, Google Services, and Android System are top battery consumers.

I went back to stock 4.4.2 rooted it then got the Franco kernal and greenify.
    These are my results.

Also undervolted

I'm running CM11 on my Nexus 5 and I'm also having a lot of problems with battery life. It's dropping about 20% per hour and is frequently running very hot. I've tried the nightlys from the 23, 26, and 30th and they've all been killing my battery life.
    41% is in Android Core Apps and 36% is Google Play Services. Any thoughts on what it might be?

CM11 - Very fast battery drain.-screenshot_2014-01-31-11-02-58.jpgCM11 - Very fast battery drain.-screenshot_2014-01-31-11-04-50.jpgCM11 - Very fast battery drain.-screenshot_2014-01-31-11-04-59.jpg

If you use a nightly build, they are for testing, so issues like these should be expected.

Personally, what I would do is use stock firmware with Xposed Framework with Gravity Box and other modules, which will give most of the features available from Cyanogenmod. Install a real good custom kernel like . Continue to use Greenify.

Its not the phone its self it is the ROM, I have CM11 on my Galaxy S2 and the battery had improved alot then drains to fast again...I installed a fresh version of CM11 nightly and even the Snapshot and my battery was still being drained by Screen,Mobile Standby and Android System!!

I went back to stock android and simply turned on ART and holy crap my battery has improved. Better screen on time and standby time .

Currently at 44℅ battery. I know I have used my phone more then 2 hours.

I recently installed CM11 coming from a stock VZ HTC One. I also flashed the cm11 update this weekend.

My battery drains like crazy. On almost no use, I am down to 80% with a couple hours of the morning...and dead by the afternoon. Keep in mind I'm at work and this is on almost no use. It looks like my phone is searching for the cell network and wifi. My wifi is currently off.

While we're at it...what Preferred Network Type shoud I be on under Mobile Network Settings? CM11 has way more options than my previous stock rom. Right now I'm on CDMA+LTE/EvDo

CM11 - Very fast battery drain.-screenshot_2014-03-11-10-29-56.jpg
    CM11 - Very fast battery drain.-screenshot_2014-03-11-10-33-33.jpg

If your phone runs on a qualcomm chip you can use msm-dcvs as your cpu governor and it will save alot of battery