- 37 Posts
4.4.4 OTA with TWRP?
I am very new to rooting and only last week rooted my N4 and installed the N4 LTE modem hack - which worked!
Part of that process was installing TWRP but other than that, everything else is stock 4.4.3.
My phone has twice downloaded the 4.4.4 OTA update but when I try to apply it, TWRP recovery intercepts the startup process. As I say, I have very little idea what I am doing - can anyone help me figure out how to apply the update IN SIMPLE TERMS - i.e. which precise sequence to use in TWRP to apply the update. Or should I just forget it?
Thanks in advance
- 06-30-2014, 12:52 AM #2
- 06-30-2014, 07:03 AM #3
- 114 Posts
Re: 4.4.4 OTA with TWRP?
You need to remove the Hybrid radio you installed and return it to the previous stock radio version, as well as disable LTE activation; it is interfering with the 4.4.4 update. The phone has to be stock for an update to succeed. If you are not willing to search and learn how to do this manually, then you can use the app here:
[APP] Nexus 4 Modem Flasher and LTE enabler [4/24/2014] - xda-developers
I don't replace TWRP with the stock recovery before I do updates, but I don't do it through the OTA any more and perform the update through fastboot. TWRP and root are just deleted in the update process and then have to be reinstated afterwords.
- By lindsaymiller92 in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 3Last Post: 01-15-2015, 08:36 AM
- By mhaider in forum LG G Pad 8.3Replies: 13Last Post: 10-06-2014, 09:44 AM
- By MarkHansen in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 (2014)Replies: 15Last Post: 07-07-2014, 10:01 PM
- By music_man185 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 0Last Post: 06-29-2014, 02:44 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 1Last Post: 06-29-2014, 01:24 AM