Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Unhappy Three out of ~dozen sync categories are failing to sync

Starting about three days ago, my phone stopped automatically backing up photos. KitKat 4.4.4 on T-mobile.

Settings > Accounts > Google reports a syncing failure for "Google Photos Auto Backup", "Goggle Play Movies & TV". and "Sound Search for Google Play". There's also a footnote at the bottom: "Sync is currently experiencing problems. It will be back shortly."

All the synced data displayed on that page -- "App Data", "Calendar", "Chrome", etc... show no sync errors, only these three.

A little while ago the phone got very annoyed and beeped at me, explicitly complaining about an auto-backup failure.

Is anyone else having this problem?

Default Re: Three out of ~dozen sync categories are failing to sync

My Contacts sync was throwing an error for almost a full month. I couldn't seem to fix it, even with a factory reset. Eventually I gave up and it eventually fixed itself. Not that I'm suggesting you sit on your hands, just an anecdote.

Default Re: Three out of ~dozen sync categories are failing to sync

I started a thread yesterday about Calendar not syncing with Exchange. I fixed it in the Corporate setting but had to do it again a few hours later. I wonder if 4.4.4 introduced a bug.